luiz freitas

when recording any game with obs, after a few minutes there is a stutter in the preview and the same comes out in the recording, with the action it also occurs in the preview but it does not reflect in the recording, making it perfect, my configuration is the best available, rtx 4090,i9 13th, 64 GB DDR5, SSDM.2 NVMe, game with vsync activated and monitor also at 60, I've already tested with 1 monitor, 2 monitors, with the RTX 3080 video card and the same problem also occurs

Attachments

• 1703546638012.png
    1703546638012.png
    326 bytes · Views: 8

ItalicMaze

Same issue here, though it seems to be an issue between the GPU and OS. While Action! doesn't show the stutters in the final recording, the fact that the preview stutters at all is a sign that something is wrong with the way Windows 10/11 communicates with the GPU while using recording software. I recommend getting into contact with Nvidia, Intel and Microsoft.

PaiSand

It's adviced to use CQP instead of CBR for recording. Also keeping OBS in simple output mode (not advanced) unless you know what you're doing.
Use MKV container.

The best way is to run the Auto-configuration Wizard (tools menu) and apply the settings it gives. Do not change any setting.
Restart OBS (!important)
Now test as is. If it all goes well, you can now change the quality preset for recording and test again.
If all goes well again, you're done.

After each test, look inside Help menu. Upload the current log file and paste the url to the log in here. Click on the Analize button to start troubleshooting common issues if any is present.

Yes, on simple output mode you can select NVENC or HEVC encoders for recording.
And to watch the video, use the VLC player.

luiz freitas

Não faz diferença o que você me contou, ocorre o mesmo problema, com 3 computadores fortes, e testei com um notebook com 3080 e também ocorre

Attachments

• 1703635239711.png
    1703635239711.png
    326 bytes · Views: 5

ItalicMaze

Unfortunately no amount of troubleshooting seems to resolve the issue, at least not without compromises. Even though OBS seems to be effected the most, the fact you're getting stutters in Action's preview implies that this is a systemwide issue on your devices. Your best bet is to contact the companies I mentioned above, and hopefully they can work together to address this issue.

PaiSand

Please provide the new log file from the new tests after performing all the suggested changes.
In the video you can see only 1 time an stutter but it could be ingame (loading textures?) not when encoding.