OBS is causing a game to crash

CaliberPlex

I've used OBS for over a year or two now and have never had any technical problems with the application until now. Basically when I run the game Deep Rock Galactic with OBS running along side it, the game will just close after a few seconds. Without OBS it runs perfectly fine, but shortly after OBS is launched the game will crash. I haven't tested with any other games nor can I really provide anything relevant to help someone troubleshoot, so at the moment I'm just looking for any leads.

I've recorded DRG with OBS for a year or so with no issues, hell literally days prior to the incident I had recorded several hours of footage with no issues, until recently and neither the game nor OBS have had any updates recently that may have altered how either behave. Any suggestions for a potential fix? I've already tried verifying the game's integrity and reinstalling obs, as well as uninstalling (and precipitately reinstalling) any recently installed apps to see if they were the cause, to no avail.

D

Deleted member 121471

Did the game default to dx12?

Without more information, this the only potential problem I can think of.

CaliberPlex

Did the game default to dx12?

Without more information, this the only potential problem I can think of.
That fixed it, what an easy fix lmao. Thank you so much! I accidentally turned that on when messing with my graphic settings and its labelled "experimental" so it makes perfect sense anyhow.