IHateWindows10

I recently did a system restore for reasons I won't get into, but upon opening OBS I see the blue circle on the mouse, then nothing. If I try opening again it gives that message in the title.

1. If I close the task in the task manager, nothing happens.

2. If I try to find it in the "show hidden icons tray" it's not there.

3. If I uninstall and reinstall, doesn't work.

4. If I uninstall, reinstall into a brand new OBS folder, doesn't work.

5. If I run the program as admin, doesn't work.

6. If I restart, doesn't work.

7. If I log out of my Windows account and log back in, doesn't work.

8. It's not running at start up.

This is driving me mad. I'm seeing people suggest doing a clean install of Windows and I really hope that is not the answer. Please, if anyone has an idea on what to do let me know. I'm attaching the most recent log file.

Attachments

• 2020-08-05 23-00-06.txt
    5 KB · Views: 430

IHateWindows10

Big thank you to
GordoFreemann#5936 from the OBS discord. He told me to delete the obs-studio folder from %appdata% and that solved everything.

PURPLESTAIN94

I recently did a system restore for reasons I won't get into, but upon opening OBS I see the blue circle on the mouse, then nothing. If I try opening again it gives that message in the title.

1. If I close the task in the task manager, nothing happens.

2. If I try to find it in the "show hidden icons tray" it's not there.

3. If I uninstall and reinstall, doesn't work.

4. If I uninstall, reinstall into a brand new OBS folder, doesn't work.

5. If I run the program as admin, doesn't work.

6. If I restart, doesn't work.

7. If I log out of my Windows account and log back in, doesn't work.

8. It's not running at start up.

This is driving me mad. I'm seeing people suggest doing a clean install of Windows and I really hope that is not the answer. Please, if anyone has an idea on what to do let me know. I'm attaching the most recent log file.
ON the bottom right of the screen there’s a little arrow that points up. Click on it and where you see the obs logo just right click and exit. You should be fine opening obs again

GuiGn

This has been happening to me, but I don't even have OBS on my pc. Does anybody know what should I do?

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
Some 3rd party programs include copies of OBS that run in the background and don't bother to change their identity. Check task manager for anything mentioning obs64.exe.

Bhavesh Rimal

Some 3rd party programs include copies of OBS that run in the background and don't bother to change their identity. Check task manager for anything mentioning obs64.exe.
Yes exactly even i faced the problem but when i opened task manager there was a lil sh*t named obs64 hiding there i ended it and everything was fine

Drudart

Hi I followed the first reply of this Reddit post and it worked: https://www.reddit.com/r/obs/comments/leixy1/obs_says_i_have_a_obs_running_when_i_dont/

As I did not find "Advanced", I clicked on "Details" and then found "obs64.exe" and clicked with the right button of the mouse on it and on the drop-down menu that opened, I clicked on "End task" (you can do the same by selecting the task and clicking on the button saying "End task" on the bottom-right of the Task Manager window or pressing the Delete key). I hope it works for you.

Mixoner

Big thank you to
GordoFreemann#5936 from the OBS discord. He told me to delete the obs-studio folder from %appdata% and that solved everything.
Thank you this worked for me. Before this problem occurred I followed a tutorial where they said to check the "minimise to system tray" that's why this occurred in my case I believe. I couldn't open it again to uncheck it so I went to run tab and typed %appdata% and deleted it from there and now it opens.