Question / Help OBS iPhone latency

spase

OBS, I love that you surprise us with a beautiful update on the OBS Camera App unannounced. Please next time advise us that we need to update the plugin to the new version 2.6.0. , so we don't bang our head in the wall for days because of the lag in the video output.

Thank YOU

markwalley

Update on this, I see the OBS camera app has released a minor update which has lag as a bug fix. Hopefully this has done it.

D_robzilla

Just stopping by to thank y'all for the information in this thread. I updated my Mac OS from Sierra to to Catalina and downloaded the latest version of OBS and this latency bug went away. This is going to save me a ton of hassle, as I'm setting up a multi-camera livestream concert and I'd rather use iPads and iPhones than to have to worry about acquiring all kinds of cameras.

cyc

Hi there, I configured the following setup: OBS Camera app on iPhone [3.1.1], OBS for macOS [26.0.2] and VB cable, all these apps to use iPhone as a camera and mic for Zoom calls. It works - all parties see and hear each other, however, there's a lag. Not that huge that some of you here are describing, I think it's somewhere between 0.5 and 1s. Certainly there isn't any lag if I use Zoom only, with macbook's camera & microphone.
I've found out one can set sync offset, but it's not what's causing the lag - 0ms seems to be the setting for that. Can anyone tell me if this lag I'm experiencing is a normal result of the setup I'm using or can I get rid of it?