OBS Intermittent Audio Sync Issues

thedavidcarter

Hi, we are running a live video feed from an ATEM TV Studio PRO HD into a Magewell USB Capture SDI Gen 2 and into OBS. Audio is embedded in the capture card. We're sending into OBS at 1080p29.97 and receiving the same in OBS. We're then sending to restream at 720p, as per restream's settings recommendations. In addition to the live feed from the ATEM, we run prerecorded videos that we fire as scenes in OBS to our livestream.

Video is fine. Audio, through the capture card only, starts in sync and slowly gets out of sync as the event goes on. What would be causing this intermittent audio latency that progressively gets worse throughout the event? The audio and video are synced fine in the multiviewer and the program out on the ATEM, so we know it's sending to the PC correct.

Here are our computer specs:
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9400 CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Any thoughts?

You can see the issue https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=986913261791367

Peerless

you can check this in your logfile. is aac not uses, there are some tutorials in this forum how to install. this may not solve your problem, but you can try :-)

windcask

I am having the same desyncing issue. It takes about 15-30 mins to become noticable. If I restart OBS, it will go back in sync, so it's not the card.
- Magewell Pro Capture HDMI 11040
- Ubuntu 18.04
- 1080p60 source (Analogue Mega Sg last)
- OBS Studio latest version