OBS Induces Encoding Overload While no issue Nvidia ShadowPlay with the same settings in 4K HDR

rockbottom

CBR should not be used for recording. When you're recording @ 80MB/s, all you're doing is wasting bits/space.

No channel, I'm my own CDN. Small streams, friends/family members. I also run Plex off my NAS, on-demand streaming.

CBR should not be used for recording. When you're recording @ 80MB/s, all you're doing is wasting bits/space.

No channel, I'm my own CDN. Small streams, friends/family members. I also run Plex off my NAS, on-demand streaming.
OK Got it.
So why not using CQP for streaming ?

Also do you know what does the Presets, Tuning, MultiPass mode, because on almost still images there is near to no differences at all in terms of Quality ?

Coming from some test and yes : CQ Level : 20 appears to be the level when you shouldn t go higher but you can go lower for Quality.
But are the Presets for moving images because no differences on nearly still Images ?

rockbottom

Even though I'm still on 28.0.3, been using the P Presets with the Custom FFMPEG Output since day 1. 28.1.x doesn't add anything for me since I record PCM, I have to use the FFMPEG out.

BTW, roll back that driver & test. I won't be on much longer.
Finally ! Some Decent Results, all the settings and most importantly the switch to NVMe lead to this results. Quality and Decent Performances. Thank for your help and your patience !
I ve studied the link you send too. But a maybe` more exhaustive explanation is here : https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/obs-studio-28-1-release-candidate.160580/
I ll try streaming 4K HDR too and keep you updated on how it s going.

Attachments

• 2022-11-13 07-00-29.txt
    17.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot 2022-11-13 080018.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-13 080018.png
    108.7 KB · Views: 54
  • Screenshot 2022-11-13 080504.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-13 080504.png
    101 KB · Views: 54

rockbottom

Nice!

A few remaining items.

07:00:29.237: Game Bar: On >> Off
07:00:29.237: Game DVR: On >> Off
07:00:29.237: Game DVR Background Recording: Off
07:00:29.237: Game Mode: Off >> On

07:00:29.237: Hardware GPU Scheduler: On >> OFF

When the feature came out I ve decided to let it turned OFF because I ve sometimes some Apps going on in Background like Youtube or Spotify or Twitch and I didn t want it to be Impacted by the performaces balacing managed by the Game Mode.
The Game DVR is already turned OFF, how the Log reported it ON ??
HAGS was OFF on the previous tests, I ve turned it back ON to test if it was really impacting OBS Capture performances but apparently not too much at 1st glance.....
Obviously I ll turn these features OFF according to your advices if there are performances issues !!

But the XBOX GameBar can be kinda usefull sometimes. Same thing I ll make the move if it s causing gameplay issues.
But again I take your advices in consideration.

Attachments

• Screenshot (113)_4.png
    Screenshot (113)_4.png
    820.8 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

soncekw

AMD better i dont need to get 1 giga bit 6G internet for gaming i need like 2.4G 60MB and i still get well