Bug Report OBS ignores "show confirmation" settings when using hotkeys

Sonador

Hey there!

I have my macro keys configured to control my steam via key combos as streamdeck does not support win7 - OBS is configured to show a confirmation both when starting and stopping the stream, but when using the hotkeys, no confirmations are displayed. This has caused me to accidentally stream Second Life, a violation of Twitch's ToS, three separate times while doing offline recordings.

My key combos set to my macro keys are Ctrl+Alt+F1 and Ctrl+Alt+F2 for start and stop respectively.

Any idea why this may be and how to repair this issue? I haven't been shut down by Twitch, thank heavens, but I'm anxious to get this fixed as I'd really rather not change streaming and recording software.

https://obsproject.com/logs/dfHBoEHodNO7niwt

Suslik V

You have discovered new bug in obs. No workaround known.
It also skips the confirmation dialog with the empty scene streaming ^_^

Sonador

Can confirm it's skipping the confirmation both on occupied and blank scenes, so I'm not just encountering your bug as well here. Thanks for the info though, here's hoping it gets patched soon.

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
This is intentional, as OBS generally is not in focus if using hotkeys so you would not be able to respond to the prompt. Perhaps try a more complex hotkey if you are pressing it accidentally.