OBS freezes when I stream, disconnects randomly, constant rendering lag, fps drop, etc.

LadyyyRemilton

Hi,

I'm a content creator who streams to Twitch. I've been having all these problems for quite some time now. It's honestly probably more than what I put in my title, but those we're the first to come to mind. 1. I'll start with the freezing problem. My OBS mainly does this when I'm streaming (between about 30 seconds - 30 minutes, as my best guess). The preview window will remain normal, but I can't click on anything. It does it a few times and then would sometimes be fine, but other times it stays completely frozen to the point that I try to close it with the task manager. When I do this, instead of it closing, it remains open but will then freeze the screen (the preview window in OBS), so I end up having to completely restart my computer. Sometimes if I wait for it to close and it does close, I reopen it to be greeted by nothing but a completely white screen, hence why I just restart my computer to try and fix the issue. 2. When I am streaming sometimes between 30 seconds - 30 minutes sometimes an hour, OBS would disconnect. It does reconnect pretty quick sometimes, but other times it would only attempt to do so many times. 3. I get constant render lag. I can't really explain much about that cause I really don't have a clue about render lag or even encoding lag for that matter. I have googled some things about it, one thing I saw was I guess if looks like this 0/random # (0.0%) it's good I think, idk what the second number even represents as far as that goes. 4. I get constant drop in my FPS mainly when I switch between scenes and with games. I would change my setting to lower graphics, I even checked the limit framerate feature in OBS. 5. I know it's not in my title, but like I said I have other problems as well. I have problems with choosing the right bitrate. My maximum recommended is 6000, I used to use the Twitch Test app to determine how I set the bitrate. I currently set my bitrate to around 2000 - 2500 or a lil higher if I feel brave enough or I set it lower, but usually keep it at 2000. 6. I currently use a capture to stream console games to twitch, but the audio would constantly cut out completely. I know this may seem like a lot, I'm sure it is and I'm sure I'm not the only who has even have of these issues, but it has been really annoying to try and stream knowing something will go wrong at any point. If there is anyone who can give me any suggetions/solutions to any of these problems, I would appreciate them greatly. I have also provided my last log file and even my PC specs for anyone to take a look at.

Attachments

• OBS Log File.txt
    38.5 KB · Views: 3
  • PC Specs.txt
    272 bytes · Views: 1