OBS freezes pc entirely

cride

Hello! I've come across this issue for the past 3years. I've read some posts about that issue and every single user said it is a hardware issue. Altough I found a method to 100% replicate the issue and it's a lot simplier than I tought. The only way to unfreeze the pc is to restart it with the restart button on the case.
Tried:
  • Restarting GPU drivers with the windows hotkey
  • Pressing CTRL ALT DEL
  • Connecting to the PC from network maybe it's just the display
Here's my specs & settings before the replication:
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600
RAM: 4x8gb DDR4 3200mHz cl16 (32gb overall)
GPU: MSI RTX 3050 8gb (Gaming X version)
Storage: Recording to an HDD and Replay buffer on an NVME SSD (Samsung 980 EVO)

Settings:
1920x1080 not scaled
Fractional FPS (Numerator 360, Denominator 1)
pic1.png

pic2.png

1) Enable replay buffer and start it
2) Open a demanding OpenGL application in my case osu! or osu!Lazer (both works)
3) Add a "Window Capture" and a "Game Capture" both need to be recording something (in my case key overlay + game itself)
4) Make sure OBS will be next application where windows will drop you as soon as you close the game
4.1) How to tab instantly to OBS after game close: Tab into OBS and then to your OpenGL application
5) For me you can minimize osu! with insert so it will tab into OBS
(I replicated the issue with ImGui OpenGL backend and a demanding calculation)

Last edited:

OFEOFAGF

There has been no solution to this problem for several years. Whenever I have a problem, I just use Bilibili Live instead.
I searched many websites but couldn't find a solution to this problem (maybe it's because I'm not good at it)
After one of the obs problems, I switched to Bilibili Live Ji. But then the same problem appeared on Bilibili Live Ji, and then the obs no longer had this problem.

这个问题好几年都没有解决方法,我只要出问题是直接使用哔哩哔哩直播姬代替。
找过很多网站都找不到这个问题的解决办法(可能是我人不行)
有一个obs出问题之后我就换哔哩哔哩直播姬了 但是之后哔哩哔哩直播姬出现同样的问题后 obs反而又没有这个问题了