OBS Freezes/Not Responding putting out 0 bitrate

Dabadabadooooo

Whenever I am streaming diablo IV my obs tends to ouput 0 bitrate and freezes and I can only close it out by task manager "end task". I will include screenshots of my obs settings and my pc is currently running the nvidia 4070ti. Playing diablo on ultra settings on a 2k monitor while streaming in 1080p. Only diablo seems to give me this issue so far, and everything continues running perfectly, just obs stops working and the stream crashes/goes offline. Thank you for any information and any help you can provide!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-02 135349.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-02 135349.png
    53.1 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot 2023-07-02 135419.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-02 135419.png
    53.5 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot 2023-07-02 135450.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-02 135450.png
    44 KB · Views: 29

Vladykus

That is a problem of Diablo IV, because it was made for consoles, not for pc. On console it render game from GPU to SSD, while on pc it render game from GPU to CPU to SSD and that is causing stuttering, lags, freezes and game crushes. Because it uses free VRAM till it become full and then full VRAM start causing problems to CPU and the whole system.

Blizzard have told to provide fix using new method of rendering provided by DirectX 12, but it was never used before by any games and it may take time to provide it.

Solutions:
1. You may downscale your texture quality from Ultra/High to Medium that will takes more time before freezes will appear or change texture quality and return it back in the game, that will also cause clearing VRAM cache.
2. You may restart your game when ping started getting higher from 50 to 110 and more - that is the main signal that your VRAM is full and it will cause freezes.
3. You may use combination of keys Ctrl+Shift+Windows+B to force clearing VRAM cache.

For me, when I stream on medium quality texture quality freeze was appearing in about 1 hour or a bit later, but yesterday it was appearing in about 30 minutes. So it is terrible optimization of the game and I am still looking for solution, because now I can't even play 1 hour, before freeze appears.

I hope my information will help you :)

Dabadabadooooo

That is a problem of Diablo IV, because it was made for consoles, not for pc. On console it render game from GPU to SSD, while on pc it render game from GPU to CPU to SSD and that is causing stuttering, lags, freezes and game crushes. Because it uses free VRAM till it become full and then full VRAM start causing problems to CPU and the whole system.

Blizzard have told to provide fix using new method of rendering provided by DirectX 12, but it was never used before by any games and it may take time to provide it.

Solutions:
1. You may downscale your texture quality from Ultra/High to Medium that will takes more time before freezes will appear or change texture quality and return it back in the game, that will also cause clearing VRAM cache.
2. You may restart your game when ping started getting higher from 50 to 110 and more - that is the main signal that your VRAM is full and it will cause freezes.
3. You may use combination of keys Ctrl+Shift+Windows+B to force clearing VRAM cache.

For me, when I stream on medium quality texture quality freeze was appearing in about 1 hour or a bit later, but yesterday it was appearing in about 30 minutes. So it is terrible optimization of the game and I am still looking for solution, because now I can't even play 1 hour, before freeze appears.

I hope my information will help you :)
Thank you for all the information!! Yes, at the very least it helps me by giving me peace of mind of knowing it is not my PC's fault for the issues, nor OBS's fault. I will try the VRAM cache clear next time I game. It sucks that I can game it flawlessly, but when trying to showcase to stream, OBS wants to freeze up the experience for the viewer.

Vladykus

Thank you for all the information!! Yes, at the very least it helps me by giving me peace of mind of knowing it is not my PC's fault for the issues, nor OBS's fault. I will try the VRAM cache clear next time I game. It sucks that I can game it flawlessly, but when trying to showcase to stream, OBS wants to freeze up the experience for the viewer.
No problem, but it is not OBS wants to freeze up the experience, it is Diablo IV unoptimized cleaning VRAM cache processes make your GPU stutter causing stuttering and the freeze of the CPU that cause freeze of OBS as well. So try to lower your textures quality or end programs that are using VRAM that will give a bit more time before freezes will come, also don't forget to restart the game from time to time, for example I prefer to restart the game every hour while streaming.