Screenshots
hotkeys
rZAafCb.png

video

P2AnTXf.gif

audio

pp7fXsK.gif

Setup
Download scripts, add via Tools > Scripts > + button (path to script)

Usage
Select source with filters, add Filter hotkey filter to it.

In settings bind hotkeys for each filter.Note: 0 - means disable filter , 1 - enable

Current limitations
Hotkeys de-registered only after restart

Before adding...

Read more about this resource...

upgradeQ

Ideas page - https://ideas.obsproject.com/posts/67/allow-hotkeys-to-be-setup-for-filters
Related pulls :
Related forum topics:

THE R3Y3S

HI, i start to use your script and i love it. Btw i add 3 same filter on one source but i can setup hotkeys only of first filter, not others of the same type

upgradeQ

HI, i start to use your script and i love it. Btw i add 3 same filter on one source but i can setup hotkeys only of first filter, not others of the same type
What do you mean? Did you add additional filters after you've added "Filter hotkeys audio/video" type filter? If so - it will not register hotkeys right away, restart required.

RvNxMango

Tried installing today and got the following error

[filter_hotkeys_audio.lua] Failed to call save for Filter hotkeys audio by upgradeQ: ...uments/obs-filter-hotkeys-1.0.0/filter_hotkeys_audio.lua:111: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)

Any idea what's happening here? Would love to try the plug-in!

upgradeQ

Tried installing today and got the following error

[filter_hotkeys_audio.lua] Failed to call save for Filter hotkeys audio by upgradeQ: ...uments/obs-filter-hotkeys-1.0.0/filter_hotkeys_audio.lua:111: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)

Any idea what's happening here? Would love to try the plug-in!
What source do you attach Filter hotkeys to ? Can you please describe how it happens in steps , e.g:
1)Add script
2)Select source with N filters
3)Right click add filters hotkeys
You also might try previous versions

Lapppy

I'm also having the same issue, but only with the newest version. 0.3.1 seems to work well!
Code:
[filter_hotkeys_audio.lua] Failed to call save for Filter hotkeys audio by upgradeQ: ...nloads/obs-filter-hotkeys-1.0.0/filter_hotkeys_audio.lua:111: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)
I want to toggle a filter on my Microphone source, but it seems to happen on any audio source I try.
Steps for what I did below:
  • Add the script
  • Open filter settings on any audio source (in this case, my mic source)
  • If there are no filters, add at least one
  • Add the "filter hotkeys audio" filter
  • Click Close
  • The script log window pops up with the error
  • Closing and reopening the filter settings prints a new line to the script log
  • No new hotkeys appear in the settings

thewitt

Brilliant. This needs to be core functionality. So very useful if you are performing and want a compressor and reverb, but don't want that when you are just talking.

I've set all the effects on my mic to toggle off and on with the same hotkey, so one key turns them all off and back on again as I switch between singing and just talking with my viewers.

Brilliant

soulie

Hiya, this seems to work well! Thank you for making this, it's great!

I'm having a bit of a problem though, the audio script works fine by letting me toggle the filters but as soon as obs is restarted, the hot keys are no longer there. It's like it isn't saving the hot keys. Also, the video script is saving the hotkey fine.

upgradeQ

@soulie please post a log file:
I've tested it on GNU/Linux (Ubuntu 18.04) on microphone and media sources(with restart) - it works.

soulie

@soulie please post a log file:
I've tested it on GNU/Linux (Ubuntu 18.04) on microphone and media sources(with restart) - it works.
Here's the log file from the first session where the hot keys were set and applied.

and a picture:
1614417492826.png

Here's the log file after loading up OBS again.

and a picture:
1614417514153.png

Any ideas?