Question / Help OBS Encoder Problems

Noodogala

I've seen a lot on this so far but just want to be clear. I use to stream and record in 1080p easily all the time, now whenever I try i get an encoder overload issue and the video or stream drops frames. I really don't want to drop down to 720p seeing as how I know I use to record in 1080p, does anyone know the cause?
My PC specs are:
AMD Ryzen 7 1700x
ROG Gtx 1070ti
16 Gb of ram
Here is the log to see if that can provide more data than want I know about. I can also post how I have my scenes setup and my settings if need be!\
PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Attachments

• 2018-06-20 00-44-07.txt
    12.6 KB · Views: 33

Narcogen

No streaming or recording attempt in the log. You need to start a session, observe the overload message, stop the session, and then grab the log.

Noodogala

No streaming or recording attempt in the log. You need to start a session, observe the overload message, stop the session, and then grab the log.
Thought I grabbed the log sorry, here's a log I know for sure was used while recording.

Attachments

• 2018-06-21 01-54-08.txt
    19.5 KB · Views: 31

Narcogen

Looks like you are just on the edge of what your PC can do:

02:25:36.991: Video stopped, number of skipped frames due to encoding lag: 2926/41156 (7.1%)

I'd go for the faster CPU preset. Above that there's a lot of extra load and not much extra quality, and this quantity of skipped frames is noticeable.

Noodogala

Looks like you are just on the edge of what your PC can do:

02:25:36.991: Video stopped, number of skipped frames due to encoding lag: 2926/41156 (7.1%)

I'd go for the faster CPU preset. Above that there's a lot of extra load and not much extra quality, and this quantity of skipped frames is noticeable.
Thats just really weird seeing as how before around April I was easily recording and streaming in 1080p with absolutely no problems. Could a windows update or obs update have caused this and what if I downgraded to windows 8 could that fix my issue?

Maginhart

I have the same problem now with latest windows 1803 and latest obs can't stream 1080p 60 fps fast preset 8000 bitrate cpu usage is around 50% but still getting encoding overload, skipped frames on a dedicated encoding machine with Ryzen 1700. Funny enough Xsplit works perfectly fine with the same settings.