Question / Help OBS-Encoder Overload Issue

Hey all, we're a couple new Twitch streamers trying to get things worked out. We're running a dedicated streaming PC and two individual gaming rigs through HD60 Pros. The streaming PC is using an AMD FX-6100 CPU with 16gb of RAM and a GTX 770 for display output.

Below is attached our log from streaming today. We were having a lot of encoding overloading playing Deceit, Rocket League, SCP: Secret Laboratory, and Far Cry 5. We played around with our encoding settings (x264), running the gamut from very fast to ultra fast. Even on ultra, there would be intermittent issues during scenes with a lot of movement happening quickly. We're guessing the CPU just isn't up to snuff, but please let us know what you can figure out from our logs.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 2018-04-09 15-07-03.txt
    44.1 KB · Views: 31

Boildown

That's a 3core 6thread CPU and a slow one at that. It makes for a rather poor dedicated streaming CPU. You tried to use x264's Faster preset a few times but very few frames were encoded. Stick to VeryFast or even SuperFast preset.

You said you tried UltraFast preset but I don't see those attempts in the logs. I would have expected it to mostly work.

koala

You have a GTX 770, use NVENC as encoder. If used with constant bitrate for streaming, the quality of nvenc will be better than x264 superfast or ultrafast.

That's a 3core 6thread CPU and a slow one at that. It makes for a rather poor dedicated streaming CPU. You tried to use x264's Faster preset a few times but very few frames were encoded. Stick to VeryFast or even SuperFast preset.

You said you tried UltraFast preset but I don't see those attempts in the logs. I would have expected it to mostly work.
https://www.amd.com/en/products/cpu/fx-6100
The FX-6100 is a 6 core, 6 thread CPU

That would be an AMD lie. Regardless of AMD's marketing, that CPU can't handle what you were asking of it.
I am not denying the fact that it cant keep up. I was simply stating the facts about the CPU. Regardless, I have decided to run the stream PC in the near future with a Ryzen 3 2200g which should be more than capable of running 720p and upgrading my gaming rig to a Ryzen 1600/1600x. I appreciate the replies.