OBS doen't capture ONLY Roblox trough Game Capture

Hajko

Hello,
I've been recording roblox for pretty long time (and even yesterday) I never had a problem but today out of nowhere it basically doesn't show roblox in OBS trough Game Capture just black screen, that problem is only with roblox any different game is working properly.. I've tried to search some tips how to fix it only but I couldn't find anything working.
I believe you'll need some log file and I hope this will work: https://obsproject.com/logs/Qi5H3ZeUBcbRE7pJ

Thanks for every tip.

Hajko

Ok so seems like it's not problem only on my side even my brother tried it on his PC and it's not working.. Any help?!?

carbonboron

Apparently, Roblox's Byfron Anti-Cheat blocks the injection of the script that game capture uses to record. This is such a shame because all other methods of recording I found (including OBS's window and display) were incredibly inferior compared to OBS Game Capture, because Game Capture provides so much more performance compared to the rest of them. I can confirm that many people, including myself, have this issue

carbonboron

Alright, found a solution for now. Use the mircosoft store version of roblox to record your videos. Byfron (roblox's anti-cheat) won't apply there, therefore you can record game capture on roblox there.

Bioqraph

I found a better alternative, use Windows Capture on Roblox and make sure you're using Windows 10 (1903 and up) for the method
Hope it helps.

qhobbes

Try the following:
1. Run OBS as Admin. Right click on the OBS shortcut, properties, advanced, check box, ok, apply, ok.
2. Display and Game Capture Sources interfere with each other. Never put them in the same scene.
3. Audio buffering hit the maximum value. This is an indicator of very high system load, will affect stream latency (yes, I know you're recording), and may even cause individual audio sources to stop working. Keep an eye on CPU usage especially, and close background programs if needed.

Occasionally, this can be caused by incorrect device timestamps. Restart OBS to reset buffering.

Source affected (potential cause): Desktop Audio
4. Do this https://obsproject.com/wiki/Minecraft-Not-Working-With-Game-Capture but for Roblox.

Cloudblade

I recorded Roblox on my laptop fine. And I think it is because I'm using and older version of OBS. So try getting an older version of OBS hopes this helps.

RegretRecording

Apparently, Roblox's Byfron Anti-Cheat blocks the injection of the script that game capture uses to record. This is such a shame because all other methods of recording I found (including OBS's window and display) were incredibly inferior compared to OBS Game Capture, because Game Capture provides so much more performance compared to the rest of them. I can confirm that many people, including myself, have this issue
to further on this you can probably use a capture card to single out output of an application like Roblox even if it's a desktop app, and run it through that way it would capture the whole width of the screen regardless of if you changed it, this is so you don't have to stream or record using Desktop View

Kalxn_

I recorded Roblox on my laptop fine. And I think it is because I'm using and older version of OBS. So try getting an older version of OBS hopes this helps.
Just wanna ask, which version is it? I've been trying so hard to record Roblox with Game Capture. (despite knowing the new Anti-cheat)