Question / Help OBS Display Capture showing black screen after selecting either high performance Nvidia process or integrated graphics?

maapsworld

My OBS studio display capture is showing black screen. I can record voice but not video. I tried everything, watched many videos on YouTube, read many already posted threads here and reinstalled OBS for 5 times but nothing worked. I switched between high performance Nvidia process or integrated graphics and select it auto too but no result. I tried to run it as Administrator but issued not resolved. Also, in properties section I changed compatibility from Windows 7 to 8 but still no result.Trying everything for the last month. I need help? Thank you!

Attachments

• 2020-03-11 19-53-40.txt
    9.3 KB · Views: 43

koala

You have multiple display capture sources for the same monitor. Remove all display capture sources in all scenes. Add only a single display capture source, since you have only one monitor. They stomp on each other, if you have multiple of them. Then re-apply the guides regarding switching GPU for display capture or game, in case you want to capture a game instead of display capture.

maapsworld

I removed all and added a new Display Capture but screen is still black.

Attachments

• 2020-03-12 15-57-23.txt
    5 KB · Views: 24

maapsworld

I have selected Integrated Graphics in Nvidia Control Panel Program settings for OBS. Is there any other way you're talking about?

Addolis

Thank you! Finally it worked.
Hello,
I am a new member to this forum, and sadly, I'm having the same issue. I want to use display capture, but can't. I made sure that obs was running on the intel card, but got nothing. THere was a trick that I did where I disabled the intel drivers, and somehow got it to run off the NVIDIA card, but that doesn't work either. I even followed the guide like you said, and got nothing in return. As I am totally blind, the way I test my video source is to use a screen reader that uses OCR. So, I make sure to do video tests, (recordings) where there is lots of text. I don't see any text, nore does what I see change through the test. Any ideas here?

ElChele

Thanks so much for this tip. I am now using Display Capture to capture the output of Presenter View, leaving my Presenter View with notes visible on a second monitor. Great work around....