OBS crashing when switching to imported scene collection

JustinGaymes

I just reinstalled obs after resetting my pc and was successfully able to import my profile and scene collections but when I switch to the imported scene collection obs crashes. I'm not actively streaming or anything so I'm not sure what is causing the crash especially when all the files and plugins that are installed now were installed prior to the reset and obs didn't crash at all before.

Attachments

• Crash 2023-01-14 12-17-57.txt
    104.4 KB · Views: 37

Sfreyux

+1 it happens to me as well, I imported two scenes collections after resetting my PC and now OBS crashes every time I try switching to either of those. All files pertaining to both collections are in the exact path they were before formatting my PC (D:\FolderName), so I don't know what's causing this. Hoping for a solution or fix because I really don't want to remake all the scenes from scratch.

Attachments

• Crash 2023-01-16 11-45-58.txt
    118.8 KB · Views: 33

Sfreyux

@JustinGaymes I found a solution: take a look at the latest logs in your preferred text editor (%AppData%/obs-studio/logs), check for errors and warnings, and fix your scene collection JSON accordingly.
In my case, there were some file paths that had too many slashes (i.e. D:/MyScenePack/////somefile.ext, a simple search & replace fixed that) and I forgot to reinstall Nvidia Audio SDK for some audio sources on which I applied Nvidia's noise removal filter.

JustinGaymes

@JustinGaymes I found a solution: take a look at the latest logs in your preferred text editor (%AppData%/obs-studio/logs), check for errors and warnings, and fix your scene collection JSON accordingly.
In my case, there were some file paths that had too many slashes (i.e. D:/MyScenePack/////somefile.ext, a simple search & replace fixed that) and I forgot to reinstall Nvidia Audio SDK for some audio sources on which I applied Nvidia's noise removal filter.
Thank you! For me the issue was the filter files that come with obs, so I had a friend send me a copy of the ones from their obs and everything works now… super weird especially since I had already tried deleting and reinstalling obs