OBS Crashing even after Windows reset when trying to import last known scenes/sources

KessaKate

I've performed a Windows reset to make sure nothing else is causing my problems. As of 1/3/2023 I was unable to open OBS without it crashing. After my reset and re-installing OBS, it works until I attempt to import my old scenes/sources. I can upload another version of scenes/sources that was backed up blank because I hadn't created anything yet, but my actual version of scenes/sources that I've been streaming with lately causes OBS to crash.

The last time I streamed was 12/22/2023, according to twitch. Everything was working at that point.

Is there somewhere I can upload any other files to help someone figure out if it's fixable before I recreate everything from scratch? Not sure if this gets anyone started but I'll upload the latest crash file.

Please and thank you!

Attachments

• Crash 2024-01-05 18-52-55.txt
    150 KB · Views: 18

koala

OBS crashes in the Nvidia graphics driver, however due to your description there might be one of your media sources that contains defective data, so it creates an invalid operation in the graphics driver when OBS tries to display this defective data, thus creating the crash.

You need to identify the media file with the defective data. Most easy would probably be to move them all to some other folder, so OBS isn't able to find them any more, then moving them back one by one and see with which one OBS starts to crash.

KessaKate

OBS crashes in the Nvidia graphics driver, however due to your description there might be one of your media sources that contains defective data, so it creates an invalid operation in the graphics driver when OBS tries to display this defective data, thus creating the crash.

You need to identify the media file with the defective data. Most easy would probably be to move them all to some other folder, so OBS isn't able to find them any more, then moving them back one by one and see with which one OBS starts to crash.
Thank you so much! I wasn't sure how to troubleshoot and completely missed how "simple" this would be to add them individually. You might've saved me tons of work!!

KessaKate

If you experience any good luck or happiness I hope it's because of all the positive vibes I'll be sending you. I moved my media, imported my backup scene profile, and was able to open it without OBS crashing! Now I'll slowly add them to see what caused the crash, other than the Nvidia drivers... which I had also successfully rolled back. I CANNOT THANK YOU ENOUGH!!! <3