OBS crashes with my Brios in Windows 10pro

KHR0N05

I have seen others with Brios complain about this yet there hasn't been a solution as far as I could see from the search function.

My OBS and entire PC will crash or OBS will freeze my Brios and I loose the feed of my webcam on stream. Though the later happens significantly less the only way to quick fix it in the middle of a gunfight is to unplug the Brios directly.

I also have a new issue since the latest update that is killing my OBS start up time. OBS acknowledges my webcam but doesn't display the image on any of my scenes. I try to deactivate and reactivate it with no luck as remove the source and add a new one. It only works till I have everything up and running then unplug my Brios and plug it back in. Once done OBS now displays my feed.

Ive been using this set up for a year plus and these problems are semi recent.

KHR0N05

Issue seem to have resolved itself but now the camera is powered and in use on launch however there is no display available and no image reset when you deactivate/reactivate or switch to a different source.

KHR0N05

Issue has now escalated and have tried using it on another pc and I am getting the same results. I have switched to my back up webcam the dell wb702.
The brio will completely crash my pc when it is opened in OBS but when I use the biros in any other software I do not crash and can operate normally.
It amazes me I still havent heard anything from support. What is the best way to get help?

AaronD

At this point, probably change cameras. No answer usually means nobody else knows either.

Or it's possible that something got corrupted. Reinstalling usually fixes that, though it can be hard to tell *what* needs to be reinstalled.