Question / Help OBS Crashes when switching scenes from Elgato stream deck

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 175885

Hi everyone.
My OBS has been recently crashing whenever I try to switch scenes. When I try to switch scenes using my Elgato stream deck, my OBS seems to crash after attempting to do the switch.

I have attached my latest crash log. I am not sure if that means anything to you guys but, I really wanna diagnosis why this is happening. I wanna fix it.
Does anyone have any recommendations? Is there any other file that could help me troubleshoot?

It is important to note, it looks like it only crashes when I try and switch scenes from the Elgato stream deck.

Attachments

• Crash 2019-07-21 14-36-35.txt
    120 KB · Views: 75

WizardCM

Forum Moderator
Community Helper
The crash seems to be caused by a browser source. Try disabling a few to track down which one is causing it.

D

Deleted member 175885

The crash seems to be caused by a browser source. Try disabling a few to track down which one is causing it.

I disabled and removed all my browser sources but it seems im getting the same error.

Attachments

• 2019-08-05 17-39-36.txt
    138.8 KB · Views: 33

WizardCM

Forum Moderator
Community Helper
Hmm, could you post an updated crash report after removing the browser sources? It might lead to a different code path which'd help us track it down.

D

Deleted member 175885

Hmm, could you post an updated crash report after removing the browser sources? It might lead to a different code path which'd help us track it down.
Sorry for the delay.

I have created two brand new scenes with nothing on them. If I remove all browser sources and attempt to switch scenes on my stream deck, it seems to work.

If I add a browser source on both scenes with a link that just shows https://www.google.com, it looks like my OBS studio crashes.

Attached are my OBS Logs as well as my OBS Crash logs.

Attachments

• 2019-08-14 17-28-18.txt
    9.1 KB · Views: 26
  • Crash 2019-08-14 17-28-14.txt
    79.8 KB · Views: 25

WizardCM

Forum Moderator
Community Helper
Jim has confirmed that this is a known issue in the browser source in 23.2.1. A feature meant for macOS was incorrectly enabled for Windows, and is causing a crash. This'll be fixed in v24.

D

Deleted member 175885

Jim has confirmed that this is a known issue in the browser source in 23.2.1. A feature meant for macOS was incorrectly enabled for Windows, and is causing a crash. This'll be fixed in v24.

That is excellent. This issue had been plaguing me for a while and I thought it was my doing somehow.
That's all i needed.
Thanks.

Gefafawhisp

hey. I am now having the same issue with the most recent build. Switching between scenes seems to trigger the elgato capture settings to change from their normal profile, which seems to crash OBS. To stop the crashes, I have to get into the elgato in each scene (in between crashes) and reset elgato defaults in its settings

Mazzdaddy

I just purchased my Elgato a couple of weeks ago and it's crashing OBS. I presume it's the most current (v24?) but I don't know how to confirm.

Furthermore, I'm not using any browser sources, just video capture and media files. Any advice?

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
This is a thread about an issue in 23.2.1. Open your own thread with the appropriate logs if you're having issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.