OBS Crashes: Repeated and Random

egallyg

Over the past few weeks my OBS has been crashing, seemingly at random.
I updated my OBS to 30.1.1 this week and updated as many plugins as I could but the issue recurred today.

The crashes do not have identical behavior. Sometimes, my GUI crashes but my stream continues to run. Sometimes, certain stream sources crash and may or may not recover. Today, the OBS application froze and grayed over in Windows and my stream disconnected entirely. My OBS froze and grayed out at the time of the crash, but I occasionally got some push notifications about websocket connections via Windows. The crash happened as I was in studio mode and attempted to cut over between two scenes. However, the behavior is not always like this and sometimes seems to crash at random.

The "Half-crashes" always involve my StreamElements components that provide a source to display chat messages, recent subs, and recent follows. When the half-crash occurs, the chat / sub / follow banners will disappear from the scene until I restart OBS. However, other aspects of the stream freeze as well, like my vTube Studio source. So realistically I can't be confident to the source of my issues.

My most recent log is here:

The crash happened between 14:10 and 14:13, around the time I transitioned to the scene "g a m e [ NEW! ]"