OBS Crashed & Keeps Crashing

npulpit

I'm a long-time OBS user who has never had a problem...until now. Last week while I was using OBS it closed on its own. Though I tried repeatedly, I could not get OBS to open: after double clicking the icon, the light for my camera would light up then turn off, & OBS did nothing - no error notice or crash report. After uninstalling OBS, restarting the computer, reinstalling OBS 30.0, when I double click the icon, OBS crashes. I've attached several crash reports. I have eight total crash reports: six from 29.1.3, two from 30.0. If it would help I can include all in future replies, but the four I've attached I believe are a fair representation of the issue overall. Please advise on how to correct the problem. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Crash 2023-08-29 11-16-36.txt
    148 KB · Views: 122
  • Crash 2023-08-29 11-48-09.txt
    122.8 KB · Views: 41
  • Crash 2023-08-29 13-50-14.txt
    122.3 KB · Views: 25
  • Crash 2023-08-29 11-23-17.txt
    149.3 KB · Views: 34

PaiSand

There's another thread from today with the same issue. And image was causing the problem. Removing the image solved it.

npulpit

Ok. However, OBS crashes *immediately* I.e., it doesn’t open so I can remove images, etc. Just pops up the OBS crashed notification. Please advise. Thank you!

PaiSand

Look inside %appdata%\obs-studio\basic\scenes and move this files somewhere else as backup, or change the extension to something else.
Now start OBS.