Question / Help OBS clips problems when importing to Vegas Pro 16

chridi

Hello guys!

I chose not to include a log file, because i didn't think it was necessary.
The situation is that my OBS clips run smoothly when playing them after recording.
The problem i get is when i import them into Vegas Pro 16 and start editing. I was wondering if it has something to do with my OBS settings?
The problem im getting is that the OBS files (mp4) works when i import them, but as soon as i even move the clip in Vegas Pro 16 it creates black flickering and pixel smearing.

Example: the screen should be displaying the game Runescape and my face in the right corner. Instead it blackens for a short while and starts to pixelsmear.
problem.png

My OBS settings are these:

advanced.png

output.png

Does anyone experience the same problem or have a solution to make OBS clips more compatible with Vegas Pro 16? :)

Kind regards a beginner in this world

Attachments

• video.png
    video.png
    82.3 KB · Views: 59

koala

Don't use custom ffmpeg output. Use Standard instad, and use sane values for the options available with the standard output. That means don't change any defaults except encoder (if you need to; choose nvenc if available), rate control (change to CQP or CRF for recording) and CQP/CRF values between 15-25 (lower values mean higher quality).

Even more safe settings is to change from advanced output mode to simple mode. Only the relevant options remain and for everything else optimum and sane defaults are chosen automatically. You simply cannot go wrong with simple output mode.

chridi

Don't use custom ffmpeg output. Use Standard instad, and use sane values for the options available with the standard output. That means don't change any defaults except encoder (if you need to; choose nvenc if available), rate control (change to CQP or CRF for recording) and CQP/CRF values between 15-25 (lower values mean higher quality).

Even more safe settings is to change from advanced output mode to simple mode. Only the relevant options remain and for everything else optimum and sane defaults are chosen automatically. You simply cannot go wrong with simple output mode.

Cant believe it was just that. It completely seems to work now with the small clips i filmed.
I might've just been an idiot trying to change some settings by reading a lot of different places. Thanks so much.

koala

Always try to use applications with their defaults. Don't change any defaults just because you read about it or saw a Youtube video. Only change a setting from the default if have a real requirement. Only if it doesn't work if you don't change it. And only if you understand what the change will result. Modern apps come with sane and optimal defaults, so you don't usually need to change many defaults.

For example what to change: in the streaming configuration, OBS comes with a default bitrate of 2500. This is a value you should adapt according to the bitrate recommendations of your streaming service. Look up recommended values at your streaming service, not in some random Youtube guide.

Try to always use the minimum set of changes from the defaults to get your work done. Every setting you change beyond that has side effects that will get you into trouble later.