Question / Help OBS causing screen-tearing on Full-screen applications..

MisterCozy

Hey, So I've had this problem for a while now!
When I open my games or programs in fullscreen they work perfectly no screen tearing at all..
However, as soon as OBS is launched they all start to screen-tear!

I don't know what information is needed but I will gladly post anything needed!
( I will not turn V-Sync on as I record in 120-240 fps for various reasons such as motion blur and the ability to have smooth slow motion when needed! )

Thanks in advance!

BTW. I have a pretty decent pc IMO so I don't think it would be my pc!

BK-Morpheus

OBS is rendering the scene via GPU, so you will drop some FPS, as soon as OBS is opened, maybe that's the reason.
We can only guess, as you forgot to attach a log file.
It's also possible, that the tearing comes from a reduced monitor refresh rate, that occurs, when you have two monitors with different refresh rates and you open a GPU accelerated window (like OBS with preview) on the second monitor, while gaming in fullscreen on the main monitor.

MisterCozy

OBS is rendering the scene via GPU, so you will drop some FPS, as soon as OBS is opened, maybe that's the reason.
We can only guess, as you forgot to attach a log file.
It's also possible, that the tearing comes from a reduced monitor refresh rate, that occurs, when you have two monitors with different refresh rates and you open a GPU accelerated window (like OBS with preview) on the second monitor, while gaming in fullscreen on the main monitor.
I do not drop any FPS when opening OBS
Most games run at around 2K fps with at most 100 FPS difference and when OBS is open that does not change..

I only have one 60Hz monitor so I doubt it's anything to do with differing refresh rates!