OBS: Capture card says I can set it to 60fps but it doesn't look like 60fps

yellow543

I recently got this capture card (Mirabox 4K Passthrough) it says I can set the framerate to 60 FPS but when I look at the preview and then the recording, it shows it goes to 30. I have read some things on the forums saying something about my color range and gpu overloading and other display captures/ game captures interfering with it, but I have a feeling it's something else. My computer actually isn't all that great but I have no problems with lagging and high encoding issues.

konsolenritter

Sorry, but no GoogleDrive with private credentials here, please.

Please upload your log the regular way and then post the link here in the thread. Thx.

yellow543

i dont know how its just saying its too large, can you tell me if there is another way to post it on this thread? i also tried to upload a log and it just crashes my obs

Last edited:

konsolenritter

Okay then.
See what the Log Analyzer tells about your situation:

Its clearly seen that you use an 5+ years old i7 cpu model. Its weak for todays purposes, especially if you want to encode FullHD at 60 fps. Furthermore your system has an iGPU, which isn't a powerful GPU at all, which is needed for demanding video encoding.

To short summarize:
- Low CPU,
- no usuable GPU

You can start with 720p30 (1280x720, 30fps) and see if that works for you.
And there is something wrong with your webcam, which the cpu has to handle additional. Hence your big logfile!
The webcam sends MJPEG and own audio with a wrong samplerate.

yellow543

ok thanks but i also found out that apparently you need a USB 3.0 for it to even display at 60FPS so and it doesn't so I pretty much got scammed so I think I'm just going to return it, thanks anyway.

konsolenritter

Scammed? Not really. Todays video resolutions like FullHD (or even 2,7K and 4K) with high framerates are not possible with lower cable speeds than USB-3. Thats true, unfortunately.

yellow543

Scammed? Not really. Todays video resolutions like FullHD (or even 2,7K and 4K) with high framerates are not possible with lower cable speeds than USB-3. Thats true, unfortunately.
wait so your saying I dont have to take it back and just buy 3.0 HDMI cables? Because I'll just buy that and not return the capture card, its a shame because the picture is actually very crisp its just the no 60fps issue

konsolenritter

Uummmh. Its not only the cables?! You have to use usb-3 ports on your system. And the system behind must be capable to handle the lot of data. So please don't forget all we mentioned above, okay?

If you can draw 60 frames per second from your camera it will even use more resources on your system. So maybe the bottleneck slightly shifts within your system. Proof what works for you.

yellow543

Uummmh. Its not only the cables?! You have to use usb-3 ports on your system.
But don't forget all we mentioned above, okay?

If you can draw 60 frames per second from your camera it will even more use resources on your system. So maybe the bottleneck slightly shifts in your system. Proof what works for you.
yes i understand i will invest more into a computer but im sure if you remember my monitor is technically fine but I will also look into another monitor since its kinda annoying that I have to switch sources every time so yeah that as well thanks for everything

yellow543

although i can just get the 3.0 cables right now can you link me a good source because im on amazon and some people are saying they arent 60hz 3.0 cables and its kinda annoying when a products gets reviews like that but then the product has a mostly positive review rate