OBS branch with AMD VCE support.

HA6

@Lucil yes.

@HA6 Something strange going on with colorspace conversion:

Does x264 even work normally?

E: Maybe check CCC what is the current PCI-Ex speed or try to reinstall video drivers.

x264 is Working but fps drop 40~60 ...(80->20)

And my card is runing on PCI-E 3.0 (My Motherboard is AsRock B85 Killer )

Caleb Brown

I downloaded this and when I went into the encoding tab it gave me an error saying I don't have MSVCP120.dll, then I click ok and the encoding tab comes up but I cant click the AMD VCE encoding optinion, HELP!

P.S I have an AMD Radeon R9 280 Card

Darker

Anyone knows how to fix bad microphone quality? It sounds like I am a 16 year old boy going through puberty when I speak... The rest of the audio's quality is fine. It's only the microphone that is very bad. If I encode with x264 instead of AMD VCE the microphone quality will be good again.

http://pastebin.com/24xBnMV1

Last edited:

Darker

Anyone knows how to fix bad microphone quality? It sounds like I am a 16 year old boy going through puberty when I speak... The rest of the audio's quality is fine. It's only the microphone that is very bad. If I encode with x264 instead of AMD VCE the microphone quality will be good again.

http://pastebin.com/24xBnMV1

God, I just realized that the normal sound (game sound / music etc) gets more and more delayed the longer you stream... After only 20 seconds of streaming the sound is delayed like 1 second.

Snowknight26

God, I just realized that the normal sound (game sound / music etc) gets more and more delayed the longer you stream... After only 20 seconds of streaming the sound is delayed like 1 second.

Might have to check "Force desktop audio to use video timestamps as a base for audio time."

Darker

Might have to check "Force desktop audio to use video timestamps as a base for audio time."

Ok, will try that. I do have another problem though. The video I record seems to be only 30 FPS with a lot of screen tearing, even if I capture with 50 FPS and when I am recording OBS also says "FPS: 50" in the bottom right corner.

jackun

Developer
Did you mean to set it to 2 FPS? The log you posted, did you use other than 30 fps there too?
I posted newer build to OP. Might want to use that. That older one may cause green frames with Flash's decoder.

... but it can crash your game and stream eventually (still happens for me with the latest build)
What is the average time before it hangs for you? I'm usually recording locally for 30-45 mins sessions, might be not enough.

Last edited:

dping

Code:
Syncing audio to video time

Global Audio time adjust: -200

Hes already doing that in which most cases will never really need either of these set.

@Darker whats the resolution of your monitor? at the top is says
Code:
monitor pos={0, 0}, size={1440, 900}
and you are streaming at 1080@30.

Darker

Did you mean to set it to 2 FPS? The log you posted, did you use other than 30 fps there too?
I posted newer build to OP. Might want to use that. That older one may cause green frames with Flash's decoder.

Oh damn, that has to be the previous log when I just recorded with 2 FPS to test if it would work at all. Now I am trying to record in 50 FPS (I can only record with 30 or 50 with VCE, right?).

Darker

Code:
Syncing audio to video time

Global Audio time adjust: -200

Hes already doing that in which most cases will never really need either of these set.

@Darker whats the resolution of your monitor? at the top is says
Code:
monitor pos={0, 0}, size={1440, 900}
and you are streaming at 1080@30.

Monitor is 1920x1080 but when I play CSGO I play in 1280x1020.

By the way, will an Asus R9 280X be able to encode a fine quality stream at 720p60 @ 3000 bitrate? I have a phenom 955 that also could do the encoding but I think the GPU is more powerful.

I want to focus on the video quality / FPS now instead of the audio problem. It seems like my capture card is shit at delivering audio so I will just send it through LAN instead.

Last edited:

jackun

Developer
@Darker OVE is pickier but AMF seems to have taken pretty much anything I've tried.

Depends on the content. Unigine Valley benchmark even at 6Mbps was..hkhmm.."nice" .But then again, very fast x264 wasn't any better either.

Last edited:

Darker

Monitor capture enabled? That's gonna suck extra hard on Win7 :D Try without it.

I should mention that I am using a 2PC setup with a capture card.

I don't have monitor capture enabled. Here is a new log when I am using AMF, still screen tearing and bad FPS: http://pastebin.com/2qGVJf9E

And additionally I am starting to furiously fucking hate AMD because whenever the capture card is on and I minimize CSGO, Catalyst control center changes my main monitor to my second monitor, so all icons are moved to the secondary monitor, and it also switches the monitor's position so everything fucks up completely. I have to go into Windows screen resolution control panel shit and switch the position of the monitors back and then drag all the desktop icons back from the secondary monitor to the main monitor. Every. Fucking. Time.

I am also using lightboost and I can't turn it off if the capture card is on. Those things are driving me insane and right now I am furiously angry.

Last edited: