OBS branch with AMD VCE support.

toxify

@dping

I have a 280x and opencl to nv12 works fine here with the 8-10 build

I also have the box for use custom settings checked and it seems to work

Just a quick idea for those with the Error about the encoder not able to be initialised. Make sure the Ref Frames is not more than 4 or 5 when custom settings are enabled. This seems to give that error.

nope just tried that rhole still not initializing the encoder ty for the idea though

dping

Just a quick idea for those with the Error about the encoder not able to be initialised. Make sure the Ref Frames is not more than 4 or 5 when custom settings are enabled. This seems to give that error.

Oh ty, I will try that.

cillas

obs crashes for me with both versions now,
Worked 3 or 4 days ago just fine. Crashlog is appended

Attachments

• OBSCrashLog2014-08-20_1.txt
    3.6 KB · Views: 36

dping

This worked when enabling custom settings in MFT, but made no difference in OpenCL

dping

btw, when trying to use OpenCL I get "Encoder initialization failed!" and this in my logs:

22:28:29: Using graphics capture
22:28:29: Scene buffering time set to 700
22:28:29: Successfully loaded ObsVCE.dll
22:28:29: ObsVCE.dll initialized successfully
22:28:29: Seems to have support for AMD VCE.
22:28:29: Using YUV444
22:28:29: Rate control method: 3
22:28:29: Frame rate: 48
22:28:29: Using device 0 (Tahiti)
22:28:29: OVEncodeSendConfig returned error
22:28:29: Couldn't initialize encoder

EDIT: it was because I was using 48fps, I switched to 60, 59 or 30 and it worked!

Last edited:

Woolba

When the day comes where OpenCL can record at 60 fps (solidly at 1080p) or MFT can record without eating up ram until it crashes I will cry a single tear of joy (also throw away all other recording programs using up my precious hard drive space).

Last edited:

dping

http://www.twitch.tv/toxify__/b/560356158 a test brodcast i did on twitch way to blocky looks good in the local recordings and previews don't understand
I cant see twitch from here but mine was pretty much the same. In fact, I was doing a replay in l4d2 and in almost the exact same places, I got the same blockiness and pauses in almost the same places. I have 10-12 replays, with a few settings tweaked, but all of them have issues in identical places. I will make public soon Here is a few, just click on videos

http://www.hitbox.tv/ping

RifleEyez

Sup guys. So for Local Recordings, presuming HDD space/bitrate doesn't matter and reducing the occasional blockyness - what am I best off using?

The new 8/10 version? 0.63b? 0.624b 32bit seems to work best for me, but it's still blocky. One of the older versions 64/32bit? OpenCL or MFT (MFT eats RAM on the new version, can I do anything about that?) or neither? Any advice for someone JUST looking to do local recording with no HDD space limits.

dping

Sup guys. So for Local Recordings, presuming HDD space/bitrate doesn't matter and reducing the occasional blockyness - what am I best off using?

The new 8/10 version? 0.63b? 0.624b 32bit seems to work best for me, but it's still blocky. One of the older versions 64/32bit? OpenCL or MFT (MFT eats RAM on the new version, can I do anything about that?) or neither? Any advice for someone JUST looking to do local recording with no HDD space limits.

Its funny, I was watching my RAM usage while recording both MFT and OpenCL during my tests above and it never went above 250MB in RAM. but then again, I was testing/recording at 720p at 30/48/60fps not 1080p@60fps where the memory issues are. If you are recording for youtube, then keep it at 1080p@30fps with 08-10 or 7-20 and you should be fine.

^ this is from my understanding, and I wasn't exactly something I was testing, but my local recordings looked great at 720p@ 48 or 60fps. EDIT: I would say I had very little to no blockage on my local recordings. I will upload for contrast to my streamed recordings when get a chance. my wife has been quite angry with me and all the time I've spent testing on this.

Scyna

anyone figured out the settings so that the bitrate doesn't spike? It sometimes spikes to 10k-20k.