Jurigag

My spec:

r9 280x 3gb
i5 2500k @ 4.2 ghz
16 gb of ram
OBS running on hdd
System and game on ssd
Drivers 15.12

I have a problem. With obs running on VCE i have bsods, freezes, crashes etc of obs. Mostly bsods, i can stream some time and i got a bsod. Any solution ? Settings like 1080p60 Balanced with bitrate 2048.

Here is log:

http://pastebin.com/fJdiiNJ3

Also i can record game without any problems using raptr with max settings and 1080p60.

Last edited:
Weird that you are getting BSOD and stuff, especially with that card and driver.

I can see that your settings are too high according to the log,
then again it's probably always like that with anything if you do 60fps.

I would try playing with Memory Type, change from Host to whatever or vice versa,
also disable/enable OpenCL interlope thingy.
Those are the things that most likely do something in that regard.

BioGenx2b

Well, they're still working on it. GCN 1.2 cards have h.265 but SDK 1.2 needs to be available to use it. I'm optimistic about improvements to earlier GCN cards as well. 1.0 was released Feb-2014 and 1.1 in Jan-2015, so we should hear about it soon.

Well, they're still working on it. GCN 1.2 cards have h.265 but SDK 1.2 needs to be available to use it. I'm optimistic about improvements to earlier GCN cards as well. 1.0 was released Feb-2014 and 1.1 in Jan-2015, so we should hear about it soon.

Oh so it's just a "thought"?

Didn't know they had h.265, you sure, in encoding?

And well with that "year releasing" one can always hope;P

I read that, but i assumed they just meant the Decoding part.
Cause i can't find any information to confirm what's written there.
All i see in mentions of VCE 3.0 is that it only had Decoding of HEVC.

TidalGraphics

Is there anyway possible to enable my AMD A10 6700's iGPU and use it for AMD VCE while using my Nvidia GTX 750 Ti, kind of like QuickSync but for VCE?

I want to use VCE over NVENC because the quality is better, not by much, but a lot better using streaming bitrates.
x264 is garbage for my processor to have decent quality.

Thank you

RaduZ

So what's up with OBS? I took a couple of months break from recording and now OBS won't work like it should, I have the same settings I even tried messing around with them a bit and still can't get it to work. It keeps poping up that red text which says High cpu overhead bla bla and I get 10-15 FPS. (I'm useing AMD VCE and AMF)
Did the latest AMD drivers mess something up?

@TidalGraphics No you can't do that curently.

Shafski

Hi.

I'm trying to stream game capture. However, no matter what settings I use, unless I tick Disable D3D10 interopability, or run it on something other than Direct 11, whenever I switch to the game capture the frame just freezes on that frame and my OBS FPS drops to 1, my kbs goes to like 20,000 (even though I have max bitrate as 3.5k) and i either get "Warning, to high encoding" or "VCE too slow" error, the latter more commonly.

Any ideas why?

Streaming with a Radeon HD 8570D with 15.7 drivers. Using 720p 30 fps.

If I tick it off, it works fine but my ingame just runs insanely choppy.
Bump #3

Kobata

R9 285 Also to be fair I'm not runing the latest beta version, It kind of messes with my overclock. Should I try that?
My experience with the 285 has been it loves to randomly have issues, particularly with D3D11 rendering.

From what I've seen in some searches, that seems to be common to all the Tonga-based cards (285/380/380x), and it gets so bad in a small selection of games the drivers timeout and reset even without anything else running.

There seems to just be some underlying hardware design/driver issue that hasn't been worked around/fixed by AMD yet.

Well as a Tonga user i can agree that it has issues.
Though i knew it was risky cause it was infamous i still regret this card;P
Next buy will most likely be an Nvidia, even though they cost a fortune, been an AMD user but always had some issue.
Like this, AMD VCE is problematic for example, i a guess Nvidias version work, or is it just as bad?

Problem is always that AMD is so damn slow with their drivers and such,
when they fix something, that something is obsolete;P

dping

Well as a Tonga user i can agree that it has issues.
Though i knew it was risky cause it was infamous i still regret this card;P
Next buy will most likely be an Nvidia, even though they cost a fortune, been an AMD user but always had some issue.
Like this, AMD VCE is problematic for example, i a guess Nvidias version work, or is it just as bad?

Problem is always that AMD is so damn slow with their drivers and such,
when they fix something, that something is obsolete;P
Tonga was sadly a project turned bad. only because they needed to hit a price point. meant for a 384 bus but under-designed to meet the price/performance mark. I wonder if the limitations put into it cause some of the "ghost" issues it has. Furyx is essentially 2 380Xs in one chip but I'm sure they spent more money on making it better.