OBS branch with AMD VCE support.

RipPaulWalker

Can someone give me settings i can use?
i have AMD Athlon X4 860K as my cpu and 2048MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 200 Series (MSI) as gpu
upload speed is 5.91 and 1440x900 for monitor resolution
and im trying to record
depends whats your streaming , if your streaming league of legends 1280*720 30fps with veryfast cpu preset 2000bitrate, if you stream a fps your gonna have to superfast or ultra fast, just try doing test streams
btw i have the same CPU as you, so these are the settings i use :)

Voydger

Прошу прошения что не знаю англиский но раньше всё время пользовался вашей программой потом стали выходить обновления и я не смог ей пользоваться потому что она перегружала процессор ( AMD A 8 6600k ) А сейчас узнал что есть и для AMD видео карт у меня ( R9 270x) я скачал но такой большой биттрейд (20 000) все равно почему то перегружает процессор и внизу программы появляется надпись красная что высокая нагрузка может я что-то не правильно настроил , если у вас найдётся немного времени на то чтоб написать мне как мне настроить чтоб записывать и не мучатся оперативной памяти 8г
Конфигурация ПК : процессор AMD A8-6600K APU with Radeon (tm) HD Graphics 3.90 GHz
Память 8gb
Тип системы 64-разрядная
Видео карта R9 270x
Винда 7 профессиональный
За ранее спасибо

I apologize that I do not know english but earlier all the time enjoyed your program and then began to leave the update and I could not use it because it is overloaded CPU (AMD A 8 6600k) now learned that there is for AMD video card I have (R9 270x) I downloaded but such a large bittreyd (20,000) still why that overloads the CPU-That is not configured correctly, if you there will a little time for me to write as I set up to record and tormented memory 8g

Last edited:
hey @RipPaulWalker can you help me out with this issue here ? I have it set on CBR and CBR padding and bitrate set to 2000 and tried 2500 birate as well

Attachments

• 9057065f195142523f5db3783c9d331e (1).png
    9057065f195142523f5db3783c9d331e (1).png
    7.5 KB · Views: 57

nkonfya

Hello everyone, I have an issue where OBS will crash after being opened. This happened after I downloaded AMD's Crimson update. Is it just me, or has anyone else also experienced this? For your consideration I have attached the OBSCrashLog ans the dmp file.

EDIT for some reason it wont let me attach the dmp file.

Attachments

• OBSCrashLog2015-11-26_4.txt
    3.8 KB · Views: 14

syntox

Hi folks, offtopic question. Does AMD VCE take some GPU computing power so there is some FPS drop in the game? Thanks.

Boyca

Hi there guys,

I've found this thread and it felt like a dream.
I started recording 1080p at 60 fps using 50000 bitrate with CBR, VCE settings on balanced.
My footage is amazing and I'm truly happy, however as soon as I stand still longer then 10 seconds my footage starts to show huge pixelated scan lines. It goes from the bottom to the top and doesn't go away anymore from the moment it starts. I have no clue what is causing this since my knowledge on the matter is way too limited.
Could someone tell me what is going on here? See screenshot below picturing said issue.

Running on an R9 280X
I truly apologise if I am posting this in the wrong forum, but I thought it was directly related to AMD VCE encoding since I never had this happen on x264.

CM3GSsJ.jpg

Razeraa

Hi there guys,

I started recording 1080p at 60 fps using 50000 bitrate with CBR, VCE settings on balanced.
My footage is amazing and I'm truly happy, however as soon as I stand still longer then 10 seconds my footage starts to show huge pixelated scan lines. It goes from the bottom to the top and doesn't go away anymore from the moment it starts. I have no clue what is causing this since my knowledge on the matter is way too limited.
Could someone tell me what is going on here? See screenshot below picturing said issue.

Running on an R9 280X
I truly apologise if I am posting this in the wrong forum, but I thought it was directly related to AMD VCE encoding since I never had this happen on x264.

CM3GSsJ.jpg
I have same issue aswell.

Not matter what bitrate (tried 25000-55000), speed/balanced/quality on vce encoder settings I still get that. Especially when moving fast ingame it starts to go pixelated. Also tried to downscale 720p and it still happens.

I have R9 390 with latest drivers, game works awesome and recording is good quality but random pixelated lines like in this picture ruins it for me.

Any fix to this?

Side question: is R9 390 GCN 1.1 or 1.2 card?

Last edited:

John Z

Can someone give me the some suggestions for optimal settings for my setup.

Phenom x6 1055t
Radeon R9 270x
6gb DDR3
uploadspeed: 10,17mbit (think its plenty of upload)

Trying to stream to twitch.

Voydger

Hi there guys,

Running on an R9 280X

CM3GSsJ.jpg
При записи так же записалось всё видео записывал при 20000 биттрейд может кто подскажет как исправить ?
When recording in the same record everything the video is recorded at 20,000 bittreyd can someone tell me how to fix

Boyca

I have same issue aswell.

Not matter what bitrate (tried 25000-55000), speed/balanced/quality on vce encoder settings I still get that. Especially when moving fast ingame it starts to go pixelated. Also tried to downscale 720p and it still happens.

I have R9 390 with latest drivers, game works awesome and recording is good quality but random pixelated lines like in this picture ruins it for me.

Any fix to this?

Side question: is R9 390 GCN 1.1 or 1.2 card?

Replacing CBR with Contrained QP in the VCE settings seemed to have resolved the issue for me.
Jackun also told me that adding CBR padding might help but for me it just made everything laggy.

C3ns1o

Hey Guys,

i have a Problem with the VCE Settings. I have read that the GOP Size compresses the Picture and reduce the Upload. I have set Max Bitrate to 3500. But i Have peeks up to 7400Kbits.

My PC Settup:
CPU: i5 3450
RAM: 8GBG-Skill DDR3
GPU: 7870xt with boost

MY Settings are:
AMDVCEEncoder.png

Kodierung.png

VideoSettings.png

erweitert.png

My Stream with that Settings are nice:
http://www.hitbox.tv/video/786093

The KeyFrame is set to 6 and i want it to 2... wher can i change it?

How can i reduce the MaxBitrate from 7500 to a max of 3500 - 5500?

greetz C3ns1o

EDIT: Mit OBS Multistream habe ich es jetzt hinbekommen. Und werde es jetzt als Standart Streamprogramm benutzen.

Last edited:

Saiq

Hello everyone, I have an issue where OBS will crash after being opened. This happened after I downloaded AMD's Crimson update. Is it just me, or has anyone else also experienced this? For your consideration I have attached the OBSCrashLog ans the dmp file.

EDIT for some reason it wont let me attach the dmp file.
Hello there, I was having the same problem, I fixed it by going inside the Radeon Settings App, preferences, and restoring factory default. I also see people say something about the "shader cache", mine is set to "AMD Optimized".

C3ns1o

I use OBS Multiplatform at Time with the Same Optinos from my last Post.
Some Options are not in the OBS MP but the Settings workes grate for me.
The Stream have a bitrate from 400 to 3.500 and some times a Peek up to 4.500kbs.
My Audio is at 128 Kbit.

To the Settings say me Hitbox that is a great "2" stream.

You can see a Test Stream on this Page http://www.twitch.tv/ttnacensio/b/683828263

And setting are under this link http://www.pic-upload.de/view-28987243/MWOOBSMPErweitertesettings.png.html

greetz Censio

C3ns1o

I dont know what is happen... but my Stream have now max bitrate from 600Kbs with the Same Setting.

What is happen to this?

Razeraa

Replacing CBR with Contrained QP in the VCE settings seemed to have resolved the issue for me.
Jackun also told me that adding CBR padding might help but for me it just made everything laggy.
Tried both and still getting pixelated lines when moving fast ingame.

C3ns1o

All my Settings from top dont work eny more...

I startet my PC new and what happens... the bitrate on standing pics are 300 to 400. And ingame the drop to 124 - 250 kbs and then to 0.
The Stream is braking up. When i start the old OBS with VCE and after this the OBS VCE the bitrates are like that post from Top.

Any one a idiee what happen or how i become back the Quality fom Top?

C3ns1o

What a Bug is that

When i open the OBS VCE tool and set al Settings up to the Screen from my post at top and save it.
After this i start OBS MP and start Streaming. I have the old quality from my Post with the Screens.

EDIT: After the Game changed from the Loading Screen tu the Cryengine, the Stream stoped. But a upload from 400kbits is running!

It confused!!

I hope the Supprt is not Down her!

greetz

Last edited: