Question / Help OBS and ATEM Television Studio Mixer

HelionFilm

Hi,

Has anybody ever used OBS studio to live stream video from the ATEM Television Studio from Black Magic Design?

The mixer has a USB output, that normally is used to record video to the Media Express program, but when I plug it in, OBS can not recognize the video stream and therefore does not allow you to set up the stream. The USB video output works perfectly with the Media Express program.

I hope that OBS can work natively with the USB video format, without needing to purchase an external USB capture device.

Gustavete

Hi,

Has anybody ever used OBS studio to live stream video from the ATEM Television Studio from Black Magic Design?

The mixer has a USB output, that normally is used to record video to the Media Express program, but when I plug it in, OBS can not recognize the video stream and therefore does not allow you to set up the stream. The USB video output works perfectly with the Media Express program.

I hope that OBS can work natively with the USB video format, without needing to purchase an external USB capture device.

Hi Helion! It doesn't work because you need to compress H264 and that is not done by ATEM. I had to buy a BLACK Magic Web Presenter for that