OBS Advanced Text By: HappiBot.com

OBS Advanced Text By: HappiBot.com v0.1.1

HappiDada

HappiDada submitted a new resource:

OBS Advanced Text By: HappiBot.com - Text from WebSource, File, or Static String displayed in a beautiful manner.

It had been bugging me that I cant get a simple text website to load and be updated on OBS, boom OBS Advanced Text By: HappiBot.com was born.

This is a CLR plugin, CLRHostPlugin is required to use it!

This plugin is in alpha stages and is expected to have bugs and wanted features. At the current time it is able to pull text from: A file, A Website, or A Static string.

When a file or website are selected you can have the text update every X seconds.

Text is displayed in a beautiful...

Read more about this resource...

HappiDada

HappiDada updated OBS Advanced Text By: HappiBot.com with a new update entry:

Advanced Text By: HappiBot.com v0.1.0 (BIG UPDATE)

Beta Release v0.1.0
So we have the new Beta version!
This version comes standard with many more features including auto-resize on file/url change, animation, and even more text-beautifying features (outlines, backgrounds, justification,....)!

As with the Alpha release please report any bugs along with a OBS log so I can help track them down and fix them.

I have tried to crash this version and have been unsuccessful so it...

Read the rest of this update entry...

HappiDada

Please note on the Beta Release v0.1.0 there is 1 known bug. Animations do not start on scene start, you must simply open and close the configuration (of the "source") and it will start moving.

HappiDada

I'm sorry guys, I did not see the messages. I am uploading a new version with some bug fixes as well as a good zip.

My apologies!!!
Happi

HappiDada

HappiDada updated OBS Advanced Text By: HappiBot.com with a new update entry:

Update v0.1.1

Update v0.1.1

Sorry for any problems with the last ZIP file, it seems it may have gotten corrupt at some point.
This version has some bug fixes relating with the width/height of the rendered frame.

Please note that the scroll speeds are the amount of time it takes from text to get from one end to the next. Therefore 5 is slower than 1.

Thanks!
Happi

Read the rest of this update entry...

YorVeX

Trying the 64 bit version here. When clicking the "Select Font" button a message box with an exception message is shown:
Code:
Catch in ShowConfiguration(): Could not load file or assembly "ColorFont, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. :    at OBS_WebText.OBS_WebText_ConfigurationDialog.fontSelectBtn_Click(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)

OBS log on startup shows that the ColorFont assembly failed to load:
Code:
16:53:03: CLRHost::LoadPlugins() successfully added CLR plugin [Type: CLRBrowserSourcePlugin.CLRBrowserSourcePlugin, Name: CLR Browser Source Plugin]

16:53:03: CLRHost::LoadPlugins() attempting to load the plugin assembly ColorFont
16:53:03: CLRHost::LoadPlugins() failed to load the assembly ColorFont: 0x8007000b
16:53:03: CLRHost::LoadPlugins() attempting to load the plugin assembly CountdownPlugin
16:53:03: CLRHost::LoadPlugins() successfully added CLR plugin [Type: CountdownPlugin.CountdownPlugin, Name: Countdown]
16:53:03: CLRHost::LoadPlugins() attempting to load the plugin assembly DateTimePlugin
16:53:03: CLRHost::LoadPlugins() successfully added CLR plugin [Type: DateTimePlugin.DateTimePlugin, Name: Date and Time]
16:53:03: CLRHost::LoadPlugins() attempting to load the plugin assembly OBS_WebText
16:53:04: CLRHost::LoadPlugins() successfully added CLR plugin [Type: OBS_WebText.OBS_WebText, Name: OBS WebText Plugin by: HappiBot.com]
16:53:04: CLRHost::LoadPlugins() attempting to load the plugin assembly Xceed.Wpf.Toolkit
16:53:04: CLRHost::LoadPlugins() no valid plugin types found in assembly Xceed.Wpf.Toolkit

YorVeX

For the error code 0x8007000b Google came up with someone else having problems with 64 bit version vs. 32 bit version. Following that trail I used this code to create a small tool that tells me whether an assemby is 64 bit or 32 bit. It tells me that the ColorFont DLL in your x64 folder is actually x86. To be sure the tool is working I also tested it against your OBS_WebText.dll.

Code:
>Check32BitOr64Bit.exe ColorFont.dll
Processor Architecture: X86
>Check32BitOr64Bit.exe OBS_WebText.dll
Processor Architecture: Amd64

So I guess that is the problem, we need an x64 version of the ColorFont.dll.

peterv6i

What is the minimum Time that plugin can read from file?
For example I have a program which write text inside file every 200 msec..

Is there a way to pass a value from some external program like Java or C directly in OBS as text?