(OBS 29.0.2/Ventura 13.2) Multiple Display/Window Capture Issue

strangerpeace

Hi there! So I've run into an interesting issue: if I try to add more than one Display Capture/Window Capture/Application Capture source to a streaming profile (not scene, profile), my FPS begins iteratively dipping until it hits around 12-18 fps. Attached is a log file to see if we can figure this kind of thing out. I've tried disabling VSync, trying different encoders (Apple VT H264 Hardware/Software/x264), lowering FPS from 60 to 30 to 29 to 27 and I still run into the same issue. If it's just the case that you can only have one Display Capture source per profile on MacOS, then so be it (but that would be a gigantic pain).

Machine Configuration:

iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch 2019
3 Ghz 6-Core Intel Core i5
Radeon Pro 570X 4GB
32 GB RAM
MacOS Ventura 13.2

Attachments

• 2023-02-06 07-25-06.txt
    20.3 KB · Views: 30

strangerpeace

About a week later, I've found a workaround.
It seems like something in the Ventura resolution scaling (not true resolution) causes some extra stress on performance. I bumped the resolution down from the Default scaling to 2048x1142, and now I'm able to have multiple application/window capture sources again in the same profile.

Not sure if this is actually something the OBS devs can correct for, given (waves at Apple's fascinating way of doing development business), but at least folks know now.