OBS 27.2.3 // VoiceMeeter / Free VB-CABLE: WASAPI: Device '{0.0.0.00000000}.{}' failed to start

JackDarko

Good Evening,
I have been facing a very strange problem lately.
At random as I stream a game on the internet, they drop sharply from 80-90 fps to 15-2 fps the sound sounds distorted or as if in excessive slow-motion, the Ping with the game server goes up to 200-400ms Ping. Then it disconnects from the platform that I stream and while I press the button to stop streaming it never stops, it remains in the progress of the command I give it. If I shut down obs through the task manager automatically the computer and the game will work fine again.

20:24:12.715: [win-wasapi: 'BROWSER'] update settings:
20:24:12.715: device id: {0.0.0.00000000}.{135bd90f-7953-4f58-ac39-c62ad202ae87}
20:24:15.718: WASAPI: Device '{0.0.0.00000000}.{135bd90f-7953-4f58-ac39-c62ad202ae87}' failed to start

"BROWSER" is the free digital cable of the voicemeter

Attachments

• 2022-02-28 20-24-09.txt
    63.2 KB · Views: 27

cyclemat

question why you use vociemeter when you only need to use vcables ???

try use voicemeter as it is as an mixer
voicemeter.png

and check this

JackDarko

Hello cyclemat,
I use voicemeter potato as mixer,
SPYoQm.jpg

xevRL1.jpg

JaHER2.jpg
pbd0B2.jpg

MxSk5a.jpg

channel 1: mic (Reaper Soft+ VSTs)
7AdJVj.jpg
channel 2: free vcable control my browser free & a-b two , and obs.
channel 3: vcable a discord
channel 3: vcable bobs
Vaio: Desktop
Aux: V/A Voip
Vaio 3: Spotify

I use wrong the voice meter?

cyclemat

why you didnt you use reaper for all your things with reaper you can make the same shit as with voicemter

moment dont use asio in reaper ! use MME !

Last edited:
The REAPER thing is a bit messy, IMO, but take it for just that, my opinion. Do whatever you need to make something work for you.

why you didnt you use reaper for all your things with reaper you can make the same shit as with voicemter

1. REAPER can be used as a host for:
  • VSTv2
  • VSTv3
  • DirectX
  • 32-bit plugins
  • 64-bit plugins
That said, it is a bit messy, but it gets the job done, especially if he has plugins from the above that OBS can't handle internally, notably anything other than 64-bit VSTv2 plugins (64-bit REAPER can directly use 32-bit VST plugins; 64-bit OBS Studio cannot, and further can only natively use VSTv2). However, you COULD use 32-bit plugins by way of jBridge functioning as a wrapper directly in OBS Studio. As for anything with VSTv3, I haven't gotten that far just yet. There's a fork of OBS Studio called "Musician's Edition" that can use VSTv3 plugins.

Furthermore, if he wants to use ASIO, he can use REAPER as well as ReRoute within it.

moment dont use asio in reaper ! use MME !

Granted, I make my Start Menu act more like Windows 2000's (with a different sequence to bring up Windows 10's own start menu on standby), but I don't want to go AAAAAAAAALLLLLL the way back to 1991. This ain't DOS and Windows 3.0, y'know. I'm sticking with WDM with most sources and KS for my Focusrite Scarlett Solo Gen3's mike and headphones.

And for the record, I have both VB Audio's Cable and Cables A-D as well as the actual "Virtual Audio Cable" as the guy is keen to say. I say, put more arrows in your quiver; you NEVER know when you'll have a usage case for that extra software you have on hand. Though to be frank, the "repeater" app that comes with Virtual Audio Cable seems a bit too "kludgy" for my personal tastes, but whatever buoys my watercraft. ;3

--Katt.. =^.^=

(...)

And for the record, I have both VB Audio's Cable and Cables A-D as well as the actual "Virtual Audio Cable" as the guy is keen to say. I say, put more arrows in your quiver; you NEVER know when you'll have a usage case for that extra software you have on hand. Though to be frank, the "repeater" app that comes with Virtual Audio Cable seems a bit too "kludgy" for my personal tastes, but whatever buoys my watercraft. ;3

I also forgot to add that I also have Voicemeeter Potato as well. I make full use of it, too, pretty much like how everyone else has, one of the virtual inputs for default audio, a second for monitoring OBS Studio so I can mute default audio, and the third, I route Discord's output through that so I can not only use it outside of a stream (the output gets patched to real devices so I can hear it outside a stream), as well as inside one (I pach one of the virtual outputs, which itself gets piped into OBS Studio directly). When I'm not using Discord in a stream, I unpatch it from Voicemeeter on the outside and either mute or toggle "visibility" of the virtual output device in OBS Studio.

--Katt. =^.^=