Question / Help OBS 144fps

FlameyKong

So, I have a 144hz monitor and I play Rocket League at 144 fps. However, OBS can only go up to 60 fps. Is there some way to increase it to 144 or at least sunc it with the 144 fps? When I lower Rocket League to 60 fps, the recording syncs perfectly, but I would like to play with 144 fps. In the Video section of settings, I cant seem to figure out how to get 144 fps. For Common FPS, there isnt a 144 fps selection. For Integer FPS, it doesnt let my type 144. And for fractional, I tried 144/1, but it just gets capped of at 60fps

Elixerin

So, I have a 144hz monitor and I play Rocket League at 144 fps. However, OBS can only go up to 60 fps. Is there some way to increase it to 144 or at least sunc it with the 144 fps? When I lower Rocket League to 60 fps, the recording syncs perfectly, but I would like to play with 144 fps. In the Video section of settings, I cant seem to figure out how to get 144 fps. For Common FPS, there isnt a 144 fps selection. For Integer FPS, it doesnt let my type 144. And for fractional, I tried 144/1, but it just gets capped of at 60fps
Currently, broadcasting platforms only support up to 60 FPS so OBS is limited to such, when you are streaming at higher fps any streaming platform will automatically downscale to 1080p/60fps (or whatever resolution you stream at. but the fps will always be same at 60). Just stream at 60 fps as its smooth enough and supports a VAST majority of monitors vs a 144hz anyways even IF the platform supported it

TryHD

Currently, broadcasting platforms only support up to 60 FPS so OBS is limited to such, when you are streaming at higher fps any streaming platform will automatically downscale to 1080p/60fps (or whatever resolution you stream at. but the fps will always be same at 60).
this is wrong for every streaming plattform except youtube, they will output what you input or discard your stream complete but they will not reencode just because of the framerate.
proof https://r-1.ch/analyzer/results/test_720.afd90e
@FlameyKong doing 144/1 works but i wouldn't recommend it because on viewerside there will be a lot of dropped frames because the browsers have problems with playing stuff beyond 60 fps