Nvenc Recording Lag. Gpu at 40% usage

Sukiyucky

You got encoding lag. Unless there are processes that you don't need, you are running into CPU usage issues.
I'd suggest getting rid of that Ryzen 1600 6C/12T and replace it with a Ryzen 2700X 8C/16T as it will work in your X370 motherboard.

carlmmii

That is an incorrect assessment. Yes, you are encountering encoding lag. However, you're using Nvenc for encoding, which means this is not indicative of your CPU being overtasked.

First things first, your windows is very out of date. You need to update - OBS has GPU prioritization improvements on newer windows releases.

Once you've updated, you should run OBS as admin -- this will allow those GPU prioritizaitons.

Also, what kind of drive is your I: drive? Storage bottlenecks will show up as encoding lag, so if your drive cannot keep up with the data being written, that may be your actual issue.

Structive

That is an incorrect assessment. Yes, you are encountering encoding lag. However, you're using Nvenc for encoding, which means this is not indicative of your CPU being overtasked.

First things first, your windows is very out of date. You need to update - OBS has GPU prioritization improvements on newer windows releases.

Once you've updated, you should run OBS as admin -- this will allow those GPU prioritizaitons.

Also, what kind of drive is your I: drive? Storage bottlenecks will show up as encoding lag, so if your drive cannot keep up with the data being written, that may be your actual issue.
I used OBS StreamLabs at the same settings using my SSD and it looks the same minus the stutter every few seconds, OBS Studio still stutters.