Bug Report [NVENC] OBS fails to start recording after it has updated to v. 24.0.1

LastofAvari

Everything was fine. Then OBS suggested to update to a new version (24.0.1). Now the recording doesn't start "Starting the output has failed."
LOGS - https://obsproject.com/logs/r-n65zwqbnfIDrmL

Looks like it has problems with NVENC now, where it hadn't before:
14:21:38.585: [NVENC encoder: 'recording_h264'] Failed to open NVENC codec: Function not implemented

I've reinstalled v. 23.2.1 and now everything works again as intended. I don't know what you've done, but you clearly broke something important, which is not great for a stable release.

Attachments

• 2019-09-21 14-21-29.txt
    5.3 KB · Views: 216

Slinkey

Yep. Same here. Look I know this is free stuff but there is nothing more annoying than upgrading a piece of software and finding it no longer works. Especially when you're about to use it. I had to go back to the last v23 before I could find one that works. Won't be downloading a notified update in future. Poor show.

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
The old NVENC encoder was updated and now requires more up to date drivers. Ensure your NVIDIA drivers are fully up to date.

soyoukan

same with [CoreAudio encoder]: Adding CoreAudio AAC encoder ..

HOW TO GO BACK ONE VERSION? I need to make videos right now and cant be hassled with trying to get apple itunes etc as a work around.

so, had to go to 23.2.1 JUNE and it is now working!

Last edited:

chupo_cro

Same here. I've had OBS Studio v22.0.2 and it worked OK but now after it has updated to v24.0.3 NVENC doesn't work anymore. I have Acer Predator laptop and I have no option to update the 1080 Ti drivers besides using the drivers released by the laptop manufacturer (*) because there are issues with the drivers which are not released by ACER.

Can I reinstall the old OBS Studio version on top of the v24.0.3 without losing the settings (defined scenes and other settings)? In the OBS Studio's About menu the version listed is v24.0.3 but in Programs and Features the version is still listed as v22.0.2

(*)
1080 Ti drivers released by ACER:
Date: 2017/07/18
Version: 21.21.13.7689
Vendor: NVIDIA