NVEnc Feedback thread (2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmBossable

Re: 0.60 test build 9

I streamed for about 8 hours last night and didnt really have any problems and i'm using the live gamer portable. My viewers said something about my mic being out of sync with my webcam but i think i fixed it.

poke133

i see that you can't Start Recording without pressing Start Streaming first

is this an issue with these beta builds or is it indended? i started using OBS with these builds (NVEnc rocks! thanks for adding support for it!)

paibox

heros in an halfshel

You can click "Start Recording" first, but that requires your broadcast mode to be set to output to file only. The functionality to keep recording even if the stream goes offline is optional, and no special button combinations have been put in place for it, since it's not something that most people are likely to use.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer

That will be possible in the rewrite -- though right now with the current version of OBS there's a bit of an internal design flaw in that regard.

poke133

didn't know about the Broadcast Mode setting, it's what i was looking for.
thanks a lot for the answers!

ZergSquad

Downloaded 0.60b9

and it dont want to start streaming with NVENC, says thet he require DLL file...
but this dll is in OBS folder... maybe i doing something wrong ?

Xphome

ZergSquad said:
Downloaded 0.60b9

and it dont want to start streaming with NVENC, says thet he require DLL file...
You need a license, or the DLL with a license that you can find earlier in this thread.

ZergSquad

Xphome said:
ZergSquad said:
Downloaded 0.60b9

You need a license, or the DLL with a license that you can find earlier in this thread.

But i have it. ObsNvenc.dll, right ?
he was in folder with OBS
or i need another file ?

Xphome

ZergSquad said:
Xphome said:
ZergSquad said:
Downloaded 0.60b9

But i have it. ObsNvenc.dll, right ?
he was in folder with OBS
or i need another file ?
The one you get when you download OBS does not have a license. You need the one from this thread, or get it somewhere else.

T1wka

by T1wka » January 25th, 2014, 4:38 am

dodgepong wrote:
That's an issue with the anti-cheat program, not OBS's fault. If an anti-cheat program disallows applications from hooking a game, then OBS can't capture the game.

Understandable, but if you can contact them to solve this problem?
http://frostsecurity.com/

Jack0r

The Helping Squad

T1wka said:
by T1wka » January 25th, 2014, 4:38 am
Understandable, but if you can contact them to solve this problem?
http://frostsecurity.com/
I would recommend you contact them, the OBS team cannot contact every single game publisher or anti cheat provider. If they then need help to allow OBS they can of course contact the guys. But I dont think its really the job of the obs guys to talk to every game developer or add a fix for every game.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin

It's also not really standard practice for anti-cheat companies to "whitelist" programs, because then the cheat programs would just spoof themselves as a whitelisted program.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin

ZergSquad, we'll need to see your log about that, but chances are it's not something with the test build that's causing it.

ZergSquad

i tryed to make other settings
disabling sli, enabling sli, using one gpu when sli on... and anyway fps on stream was horrible
BTW when i tryed to stream directly THROUGH ShadowPlay - fps on stream was ok

Attachments

• 2014-01-30-0042-06.log
    147.5 KB · Views: 43

Lazze

I have done some tests with NVENC, and it seems that OBS causes me to lose anywhere from 3-10 fps more in comparison to Nvidia's ShadowPlay. Since they both use NVENC, is this fps loss because of the capture method OBS uses or is it because it needs more optimization?

Boildown

Lazze said:
I have done some tests with NVENC, and it seems that OBS causes me to lose anywhere from 3-10 fps more in comparison to Nvidia's ShadowPlay. Since they both use NVENC, is this fps loss because of the capture method OBS uses or is it because it needs more optimization?

It could be because of the preset that Shadowplay is using.

Lazze

Boildown said:
Lazze said:

It could be because of the preset that Shadowplay is using.

That shouldn't affect it should it? Since the NVENC setting uses the encoder on the graphics card either way, the preset should not affect my fps since it doesn't touch the CPU.

Lazze

Boildown said:
The NVEnc encoder has its own presets... it could be that Shadowplay was using a different one than you set or OBS defaulted to: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=10234&start=50#p57922 .

I realize that, but since all the encoding is done on the chip on the graphics card, the preset used by NVENC shouldn't matter. No matter what, the video is encoded using NVENC, which uses the dedicated chip on the graphics card. The amount of load put on that chip should not affect my fps since it is dedicated silicon.

Status
Not open for further replies.