NVENC Error on 3060Ti

Candramus

Hello, as the title suggests I have been getting an encoder error ever since I installed OBS.
The frequency of this error is completely random, sometimes pops up after 15-30 mins of recording or streaming while other times it would not even initiate the recording. Restarting my computer seems to solve it for a little bit at times.
I have checked other forums and posts regarding this issue, I can't seem to find a solution for my case.

Attachment: Error Screenshot and Log file from OBS.

PC specs:
Zotac Twin Edge 3060Ti
i5-8400
Crucial ballistix 32gb 3600Mhz
MSI Z370-A
Windows 10 Pro 21H2

Attachments

• obs64_7NtYAMq6vU.png
    obs64_7NtYAMq6vU.png
    6.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 2022-08-05 16-15-50.txt
    173.8 KB · Views: 16

PaiSand

You're using SE.live. Please contact them for support.
Alternatively, uninstall it. Then uninstall and reinstall OBS in order to fix the changes made by SE.live. Now please do a test stream/recording of more than 30 seconds and post the log file here.

mattsxp

I'm getting the same error. Repeatable when I alt tab while recording but also randomly while playing. Most recent log is attached.

Attachments

• 2022-08-05 09-35-17.txt
    20.1 KB · Views: 19

FerretBomb

Our errors are exactly the same though, so I provided my log to help possibly tease out the issue.
Hijacking someone else's thread is strongly discouraged, and generally considered rude.
Create your own thread, to avoid confusing the OP's troubleshooting process in the event it DOES have a different root cause.

mattsxp

Hijacking someone else's thread is strongly discouraged, and generally considered rude.
Create your own thread, to avoid confusing the OP's troubleshooting process in the event it DOES have a different root cause.
Hijacking is a strong word. I merely noted that I was suffering a similar issue and included my log in an effort to resolve these errors for everyone involved.

In any regard, I went ahead and made my own post. Hopefully OP finds a solution.

Candramus

You're using SE.live. Please contact them for support.
Alternatively, uninstall it. Then uninstall and reinstall OBS in order to fix the changes made by SE.live. Now please do a test stream/recording of more than 30 seconds and post the log file here.
I reinstalled obs after getting rid of SE.live and I've done streaming or recording 2 times since then. Haven't encountered the issue so far,
Attaching the log of last recording.

Attachments

• 2022-08-07 03-24-41.txt
    47.4 KB · Views: 12

Candramus

Update: I am once again facing this issue. Log file attached.
The stream started but I got the same error in about 2 mins and can't start it again anymore until I restart my computer.

Attachments

• 2022-08-22 13-34-19.txt
    49 KB · Views: 13

PaiSand

This is a different issue.
You hit an encoder error. Restart your computer and try again.

Also, for recording use CQP instead of CBR or VBR.

Candramus

I restarted my PC multiple time and it produced the same result every time, it started happen since yesterday only. (works for a couple of monutes and then the error persists)
Downgraded my Nvidia GPU drivers (with DDU) and it seems to have solved the issue for now.
Thank you for the suggestion.