NVENC Error: Cannot perform 10-bit encode on this encoder.

life777eternal

OBS Studio Failed to start streaming.png

Greetings, would anyone have any idea of what could be causing this error? Just noticed it today. I have set OBS with setting recommended by NVIDIA here.

Also I found the same issue on Github here.

Have added an animated gif image that's 8 bits per pixel, but when I deleted that, the error still came up, and that's the only change I've made since I last streamed with OBS, other than the NVIDIA recommended settings.

Thank you.

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer

JohnPee

Here is the analysis of your first posted log file:

It will give you a lot to think about and address, not sure any of it relates to the original question though.

koala

Set Settings->Advanced->Video->Color format to NV12. You set P010, which is a 10 bit format used for HDR and not supported by h.264.

QcVibes

For thoses who get ''cannot perform 10-bit encode on this encoder'', I found a workaround. I'm using ''AMD HW AV1'' for my video encoder. I'm a AMD user, CPU: 7950x3d and GPU: rx7900xtx, so I don't have that ''NVIDIA NVENC HEVC'' option for my encoder. AMD HW H.264(AVC) and AMD HW H.265(HEVC) didn't worked for me as I was getting this error.

To get a better quality, I'm using a CQP bitrate and a level of 16 CQ.

Note that if you are using Adobe Premiere Pro, AV1 files are not supported. I suggest you try Autokroma Influx 1.4.2 (or above). It's a little bit of a headache to set ip up, but it works as intendend!

Attachments

• Advanced Output.png
    Advanced Output.png
    53.4 KB · Views: 180
  • Advanced.png
    Advanced.png
    38.2 KB · Views: 177

NuaYan

Guys help me too plz someone can't stream even tho I have 10 bits display port etc here is logo etc

Attachments

• logog.txt
    214.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 22.png
    22.png
    9.6 KB · Views: 68
  • 23.png
    23.png
    46.7 KB · Views: 66
  • 24.png
    24.png
    42.1 KB · Views: 69