NVENC EncodeAPI Internal Error when game crashes

oviovi2433

Hi! So first my setup:
Ryzen 5 5600
3070Ti
16 GB 3200Mhz
OBS Settings:
NVENC H.264,6k bitrate, CBR, P5, High Quality, PVT on, output 1920x1080 but screen 2560x1440

So i get this Error: "EncodeAPI Internal Error" (nv_enc_err_invalid_param). When im streaming a certain game. Im attaching my log file if someone can read it somehow and understand what is the problem. So im not sure but the game crashes too with GPU Dump Error, when this error appears. Meaning im not sure if game crashes with GPU Dump error first, causing OBS to actually stop streaming with this error? Or is the other way around obs crashes first then game crashes because of OBS.

I hope it becomes clear when inside log file.

Thanks for reading and helping!

Attachments

• 2024-08-27 00-44-33.txt
    151.7 KB · Views: 14

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
This usually means your GPU / driver crashed, so the game and OBS lost all their GPU data. OBS can usually recover from this but not while using NVENC. GPU crashes typically mean outdated drivers or faulty/overclocked/overheating hardware.

oviovi2433

Yes I am using Afterburner with undervolting but also without my undervolting settings i got this. Also i have everything updated and also just did a GPU driver clean install with DDU. No overheating issues.
So I am using DLSS in my game which is pretty weird functioning with DLSS, and actually noticed crashes after i started playing with DLSS(no frame gen) enabled. Can it be the cause to somehow intervening with obs and crashing?

PaiSand