Question / Help NVENC & AMD - stream to multiple platforms at once

vicvvv

Hey,

First off, thanks for looking into my thread. I am trying to stream to multiple platforms in the following bitrates:

1 - 5500
2 - 5500
3 - 2500
4 - 2500
5- 1500

I7 6700k
1060 3Gb
16gb Ram
dual screen setup 4K monitor + 1080 monitor
I also need 2 previews opened - 1 x 1080 ( full screen ) + 1 x windowed ( its less than 1080 - a bit bigger than 1366 x 768 )

I'm getting a "not enough memory" when I'm trying to stream more than 1 + 2 (previews ON) using NVENC . I checked my resources and its definitely not about ram memory - so I am forced to run 3 + 4 + 5 using x264. I tried Quicksink for 3 + 4 + 5, but it was really laggy.

I borrowed a 480 RX 8gb, but it started to lag at 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 (previews ON), plus the image quality was a lot worse (whiteish and poor colors) - so an AMD GPU is definitely a no go.

In the future, I might be planning to add more streams bcs my internet quality is pretty good and it can handle it. I have 3 questions:

1. Do you think that buying a 6gb Nvidia would allow me to do 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 (previews ON) at the same time? I am not sure how much video memory NVENC is using compared to AMD. I could try buying a new video card and return it but I'd like to save myself from the hassle.

2. Considering I might add more streams, do you think buying a Ryzen 2700x - maybe even a 3700x (because I feel thats kinda the max this 6700k is able to handle and I dont hear good things about the 9700k intels) would allow me to stream 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 (previews ON) + another 3 streams (lets say max 11k extra bitrate - of course with an upgraded GPU) ? What really puts me off about buying a Ryzen is the rubbish image quality that I saw on the RX 480. Is it the same codec on Rayzen and AMD gpus? I would really love to hear from someone that used both NVENC and Ryzen for streaming as to the image quality.

3. Is quicksink really that bad? I mean, when i installed it, I was expecting to have my mind blown - tough I have to admit that it has the best image quality from all 3. In the event I choose to buy a 8700k or a 9700k - i might be getting the same issues? Not saying x264 is bad, but i'd love to be able to use quicksink bcs of the image look.

Again, thanks for your time - I really hope I'll find help here.