Now playing music for spotify / itunes / winamp on stream.

Terje Peersen

My Spotify updated itself today, and the newerst version now has the song info in the app title, just like the old versions. But Snip still won't work. So if the creator of Snip is reading this, or if anyone who know him can pass along the message, I bet there are a bunch of people (including me) who really want to see Snip get updated.

Berrish

So did my Spotify as well. But i found a solution with help from some other people in here with awesome tips 'n' tricks.

As far as Snip isn't updated yet. We all could take us of this solution.

As said above. I will post the files on request.

Berrish

Snip doesn't seem to be showing in my stream. I've set it up like it was said in the tutorial. Any help there?

If you have Snip running,start a random song in Spotify.. You should then have a Snip.txt inside your Snip folder with the song name u are currently playing. Open up OBS and Right-click in OBS and then add->text-> Use Text from file. Go to your Snip folder and add the Snip.txt. Press OK. You should now be able the see the song you are playing in OBS.

Feel free to ask for help!

//Berrish

olly591

Its when i starts the musik, the program ''snip.exe'' shut down and gives the message: ''Microsoft.NET Framework''

Berrish

Have you installed the Spotify version in the folder? Have you copied the files "Spotify_new and Spotify_new.exe.sig and Spotify_new.sig" make them Read only...

Berrish

Its when i starts the musik, the program ''snip.exe'' shut down and gives the message: ''Microsoft.NET Framework''

Seems like you have the new version of Spotify. If you have done what is said in the Read This.txt Snip should work.. It is working for me atm :).

Berrish

the only thing thats in the snip folder is ''resources''

Exit OBS and start Spotify, Play a random song and then go to your Snip folder.. IT should be a snip.txt folder inside there.. Just make sure that you only have one folder of Snip on your computer..

the9quad

Just wanted to say there is a build of this that works phenomenally well, it works much much much better for spotify than any of the other tools here. It's free. it pulls title, artist, album, and artwork and can store each of them in a separate file. I have artist in one file and title in another. It also updates the artwork.jpg on each track change. yeah this is the bomb for spotify.. If you want a compiled version that works check out this page: https://github.com/dlrudie/Snip/issues/26

the download link that someone compiled with all the latest features is at the bottom.

D

Deleted member 40023

Im so confused because when I download it and play a song on spotify (W 8.1) I cannot locate the .txt file. I have downloaded the program and extracted it to multiple places to see if that would change anything but I can't find it and it is driving me insane.

Dopefish

Snip.txt will be created in the same directory as Snip.exe. It's not part of the file you download but it gets created after you use Snip.