Now playing music for spotify / itunes / winamp on stream.

Dopefish

Hi, my Snip doesn't want to show the current song's name, it's either: No tracks playing. Then I restart iTunes, start the song then the text disappeares and won't show anything.

I can't reproduce this. Sorry.

Is this being worked on for a Mac yet?

Hows it going everyone I would loved to know if I can do this some how. I would like this to work snip (or something similar) on the mac version of obs is this possible if it is please let me know!

There are no plans for an OS X version yet. I'd need to see which APIs are in place to read the titlebar from applications and then use a third-party UI library to recreate the menus and forms in.

Is there any way to use Snip wit, say, di.fm? (web radio)

Web players are not supported and there are no plans to support them.

Does anyone know where the .txt file of snip is in the folders, because i've looked just about everywhere and i have yet to see a .txt file for it.

The Snip.txt file gets created in the same directory as Snip.exe when you play a song for the first time.

alexon13579

Hi, Dopefish! :)

My problem is that it's saying "no track playing" when i am trying to play my music from my itunes library. I tried everything nothing worked, tho i found out later yesterday that it's working fine with my itunes store but not with my library.

Waiting for your answer.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

MlleChichi

Hello! I did all the steps required (Using VLC as my music player, checked the VLC in Snip.exe, put the Snip.txt in OBS etc.etc.) but all OBS is displaying is an empty text source, nothing is showing up. I restarted OBS, VLC tried to stop/pause and nothing is working.

Am I doing something wrong? Help! Thanks!

kingdes

OK so i want to start streaming but whenever i try open Snip nothing happens. I also dont see the icon that is suppose to be at the toolbar. IM not sure if this works for windows 8?

egan1993

Hi Dopefish. I am a streamer from China, and I have been looking for an add-on to show my play list in my stream. Unfortunately Snip does not support the music player Kugou, which is the most popular player in China. It would be great if Snip support Kugou since there are many other streamers in China also need Snip. Please contact me if you need some help on adding support for Kugou. My email is egan1993.com@163.com.

Veniteo

[Request] integration to a web service with live updates for nightbot/ other mod bot now playing software & requests. big thing, i know.

Kazu

For some reasons the function "write infos in separate files" doesn't work.
Tried Foobar and Winamp and around 20 different songs. Neither title nor artist was filled, just blank files.

Chris Gaskell

I have been using this for a few days now with winamp. How can I edit the output with spaces. I have it set to scrolling text in OBS.

At the moment it does "Ed Sheenen - SING Ed Sheenen - SING Ed Sheenen - SING Ed Sheenen - SING" and so on.
But I want it more like "Ed Sheenen - SING Ed Sheenen - SING Ed Sheenen - SING" and so on.

Everything else I wanted changed I found how to by reading the snip readme and going through the winamp settings. I saw something mentioned about this on a previous page but no real description on how to do it.

Last edited:

enemy2k

I have been using this for a few days now with winamp. How can I edit the output with spaces. I have it set to scrolling text in OBS.

At the moment it does "Ed Sheenen - SING Ed Sheenen - SING Ed Sheenen - SING Ed Sheenen - SING" and so on.
But I want it more like "Ed Sheenen - SING Ed Sheenen - SING Ed Sheenen - SING" and so on.

Everything else I wanted changed I found how to by reading the snip readme and going through the winamp settings. I saw something mentioned about this on a previous page but no real description on how to do it.

I got it working.

Inside Winamp open up the options window.
  • Under General Preferences make sure "Show the playlist number in the Windows taskbar" is disabled.
  • Under General Preferences->Global Hotkeys make sure "Enable default multimedia key support" is enabled.
  • Under General Preferences->Titles make sure "Use advanced title formatting when possible" is enabled.
Then you need to edit the formatting to look like this: %artist% – %title%

Restart snip/winamp/OBS and make sure the set output format is the default.

Last edited:

Steveo

When I unzip the most recent file and try to run the .exe file I get a file corrupted message, am I missing anything?

taeZaKi

I've been trying to get Snip to get a space between the artist and ENDing of song name:

It's been looking like: "Nujabes - stayNujabes - stayNujabes..."

When I want it: "Nujabes - stay Nujabes - stay Nujabes..." or maybe "Nujabes - stay // Nujabes - stay // Nujabes..."

*sigh* this is why we search, people:
I'm having this problem too, and I've tried formatting Winamp various ways and I believe I noticed something.

If you use a hyphen in your formatting as opposed to an En Dash, no spaces are added to the formatting in the Snip.txt - as well, other ATF commands from Winamp work when you use a dash too. It's almost like it's deciding to just show however you have your ATF set up in Winamp- minus the spaces.

But when you use the en dash in Winamp as opposed to a hyphen, (so %artist% %title%) the artist and the title fields seem to be swapped in the Snip.txt

Maybe I'm wrong, but that is how I am seeing it. Good work btw Dopefish- this helps thousands of streamers every day I bet!

Basically using '–' rather than '-' in Winamp allows you do edit the output of Snip from Snip itself. Just replace it in the Winamp preferences from the default.

Last edited:

Lau1187

Thanks for this nifty little program. I'm running the latest version (v4.6.0) with the latest version of Spotify. However, on any song where there is more than one artist, and the artist names are separated by commas, Snip will only display the first name. This doesn't seem to happen with commas in song titles. Is there something I can do to fix this?