Now playing music for spotify / itunes / winamp on stream.

VampiricDemise

Love this little program. Question though: is there a possibility for VLC support in the future? :) Would love it even more if this could happen.

haverstall

Found snip to be pretty useful, although I'm having a few issues with it.

For snip to work, I have to open it first, then open iTunes through Snip. Also, does Snip mess with the iTunes toolbar? Because I can't use the iTunes toolbar, I have to open up the iTunes program to skip songs/pause/play etc.

Dopefish

I'm having this problem too, and I've tried formatting Winamp various ways and I believe I noticed something.

If you use a hyphen in your formatting as opposed to an En Dash, no spaces are added to the formatting in the Snip.txt - as well, other ATF commands from Winamp work when you use a dash too. It's almost like it's deciding to just show however you have your ATF set up in Winamp- minus the spaces.

But when you use the en dash in Winamp as opposed to a hyphen, (so %artist% %title%) the artist and the title fields seem to be swapped in the Snip.txt

Maybe I'm wrong, but that is how I am seeing it. Good work btw Dopefish- this helps thousands of streamers every day I bet!

Snip is hard-coded to read the titlebars as artist first and then the song title. There's no way of knowing which is which so it's easier to hard-code what it looks for and then change how Winamp displays the title so Snip can read it properly. Snip specifically looks for the en dash as a separator. If there is no en dash then it will treat it as a single string and just display it how it appears. If the en dash exists then when it saves it it will, by default, add quotes around the song title, place it first, and then display the artist afterwards. This is by design. However you can change that format within Snip by just swapping the output format. Place $a within the track format and $t within the artist format.

I just tested the spacing with Snip, Spotify, and the default text source in OBS. I added 10 spaces after the artist and it has spacing after the artist within the text source now.

JM82cunN.png

Well latest version is working great with Windows 8.1. Thanks for the work with it!

You're welcome.

Love this little program. Question though: is there a possibility for VLC support in the future? :) Would love it even more if this could happen.

I'll see what I can do.

Found snip to be pretty useful, although I'm having a few issues with it.

For snip to work, I have to open it first, then open iTunes through Snip. Also, does Snip mess with the iTunes toolbar? Because I can't use the iTunes toolbar, I have to open up the iTunes program to skip songs/pause/play etc.

Does Snip warn you that you need to restart iTunes before it will work? There's an issue with loading the iTunes COM library sometimes. For me I can always have iTunes running beforehand, start Snip, and it will work. But for some people the COM library can't be loaded if iTunes is already running and you need to have Snip run iTunes instead.

Dopefish

I released v4.5.0 with support for VLC. See the readme file for more details about VLC. VLC support is pretty plain; it will read the window title, strip off the "VLC media player" text at the end, and display what is left.

you can migrate this app to groove shark na radios online? untamed stop working on chrome!

I have no plans to support online media players.

However, it is open-source and you can extend upon it to support online players if you wish.

STaiiNeD

so i downloaded Snip, i got it all set up. but when i try to test my stream, it comes up with no track playing. im using spotify please help

KingRedTech

Hi, I was wondering if it would be possible for you to add the possibility to change whether the artist comes first or the song comes first in snip.

Dopefish

so i downloaded Snip, i got it all set up. but when i try to test my stream, it comes up with no track playing. im using spotify please help

The only thing you really need to do is make sure Spotify is selected and then play a track.

one more question, how do you uninstall snip? i dont see it in the uninstalls

There is no uninstall since you never install it.

Hi, I was wondering if it would be possible for you to add the possibility to change whether the artist comes first or the song comes first in snip.

See my post above for information on how to do that.

AlriasSeesYou

Hi, I have windows 8.1 and I downloaded 7zip to try to install snip, but its not working and i've looked for other places to help and none of them have done anything, is there something else to do besides trying to run it as administrator and checking the tools in it?

WalterKThe4th

I am actually having two issues with the program. First of all, when I'm using VLC, the "Set Output Format" has no effect on the snip.txt file. Secondly, the Snip_Artwork.jpg is not working with foobar2000, VLC, or Winamp for me. Are these bugs or am I just doing something wrong? Otherwise, this is an awesome application! Thanks!

Dopefish

Hi, I have windows 8.1 and I downloaded 7zip to try to install snip, but its not working and i've looked for other places to help and none of them have done anything, is there something else to do besides trying to run it as administrator and checking the tools in it?

"Not working" is not descriptive.

I have one more question is it possible to make all the text stay on one line?

That's up to the source plugin you're using.

I am actually having two issues with the program. First of all, when I'm using VLC, the "Set Output Format" has no effect on the snip.txt file. Secondly, the Snip_Artwork.jpg is not working with foobar2000, VLC, or Winamp for me. Are these bugs or am I just doing something wrong? Otherwise, this is an awesome application! Thanks!

The only two players that support artwork are iTunes and Spotify.
The output format won't work with VLC because of the reasons I already explained. It's just taking the titlebar and saving it. It doesn't know what the artist or song title are.

AlriasSeesYou

By not working, i mean, the download will try to work, and my computer will not recognize a program to download it through, and i've tried selecting a file and using all the 7zip files, but none of them actually download the program.

NemTomiEz

Hi, my Snip doesn't want to show the current song's name, it's either: No tracks playing. Then I restart iTunes, start the song then the text disappeares and won't show anything.

Yosi H.

Hows it going everyone I would loved to know if I can do this some how. I would like this to work snip (or something similar) on the mac version of obs is this possible if it is please let me know!

AlriasSeesYou

Does anyone know where the .txt file of snip is in the folders, because i've looked just about everywhere and i have yet to see a .txt file for it.