No Livestream Audio

websterkgw

We only Livestream our service once a week & it has worked perfectly for a couple of months now. 2 weeks ago we lost the audio. We run a feed from our soundboard into the camera & it brings both video & audio to the computer using UTAP devices. The levels indicate audio signal at the camera, and levels indicate same in the OBS Studio. Have only one audio & video feed into the OBS Studio.

We use YouTube for our Livestream. Have tried brand new streams. Did tests between the first failed Livestream (Oct 3) & the last (Oct 10) and they worked. Noticed that OBS updated a couple of times then and thot maybe these tests were before or in between? Really has me baffled.

Thank you if you can point me in a direction?

Included last log that all worked perfectly - 9/26
And the last log with failed audio - 10/14

Attachments

• 2020-09-26 12-01-13.txt
    8.7 KB · Views: 41
  • 2020-10-10 10-25-57.txt
    17.8 KB · Views: 30

Fitzer

I had the same issue, the work around I used was, on the audio panel, click on the wheel icon and go to advanced audio. Click the down arrow and select monitor and output, exit. It worked for me.

websterkgw

I had the same issue, the work around I used was, on the audio panel, click on the wheel icon and go to advanced audio. Click the down arrow and select monitor and output, exit. It worked for me.
Thank you very much. Had internet upgrade going on today. Will try tomorrow. If this is the solution, do you have any idea what happened to have change these settings?

websterkgw

Still no audio. Tried 3 different times. Restarted OBS after making audio changes. Even allowed the Auto Configure tool to reset everything and tried. Got me baffled still!..

ryu925

@websterkgw, I appear to be having the same problem. I had OBS streaming a couple weeks ago with audio just fine, then more recently, audio stopped working. (I believe it coincided with the release of OBS Studio 26.0.2). (Log file below).

I have tried the suggestion from @Fitzer , above, (selecting 'monitor and output'), and it does indeed enable the local monitor output to headphones, but it does not include audio in either the stream, or the recording.

Other observations:
- In the audio mixer screen, I can see the enabled audio sources being active.
- reconfirmed that non-OBS stream source can send video and audio to my streaming service Twitch, just fine.

Other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 2020-10-21 20-36-02.txt
    54.7 KB · Views: 27

websterkgw

@websterkgw, I appear to be having the same problem. I had OBS streaming a couple weeks ago with audio just fine, then more recently, audio stopped working. (I believe it coincided with the release of OBS Studio 26.0.2). (Log file below).

I have tried the suggestion from @Fitzer , above, (selecting 'monitor and output'), and it does indeed enable the local monitor output to headphones, but it does not include audio in either the stream, or the recording.

Other observations:
- In the audio mixer screen, I can see the enabled audio sources being active.
- reconfirmed that non-OBS stream source can send video and audio to my streaming service Twitch, just fine.

Other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

@ryu925 After I sent my last reply, I decided to do a clean re-install of OBS. I wiped it off my hard drive & downloaded it fresh. Started from scratch putting in each value & selection manually once again. The next livestream test worked! Both audio & video. I scheduled a new livestream for the next day & decided as I was shutting down to go ahead test one more time - No audio, again. I was just going to give up for this week (we only livestream once a week) when I noticed that I didn't have @Fitzer's settings selected. I went back & put them as he suggested selecting "monitor & output." Tested once more, & inexplicably, it worked. Shut all down & next day it worked again. Have not tested another feed this week yet - I feel that it will be a coin flip.
The only other thing that I had done, was that after the first successful test after I had reinstalled & re configured was that I had unplugged my camera source, while OBS was still open, to clear a bad video feed. The next test was the unsuccessful one. I don't know if that could possibly had anything to do with it? I am still rather baffled - would appreciate any other suggestions?