Question / Help No game lag, only stream lag.

Synistervs

Hey yall,

My new system build is a Ryzen 7 2700x, gtx 1080, 16gb 3200mhz ram. Its a pretty sweet gaming build. However, the stream lags and drops to 17 fps and around there. I have looked at so many different guides. My upload speed is 23 mbps, so that should not be an issue. I do not know what to do. My monitors native resolution is 1440p, and I would like to stream at 1080p 60 fps. Even the beta optimizer won't give me good settings. Correct me if I'm wrong, but these parts and speeds should easily be able to stream 1080p 60 fps right? I appreciate any help. When I am not on the game tab, it is a constant output of 60 fps, but right when I return to the game tab, it drops even without hitting a button.

https://hastebin.com/ezuvehucat
Thanks

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    54.5 KB · Views: 4,935
  • Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    6.9 KB · Views: 4,755

Narcogen

No stream attempt in the log.

You need to upload a log with a complete streaming session in it, preferably one that experiences the problem you want help with.

Narcogen

Also, 3500 is too low for 1080p60. Twitch suggests 4500-6000 for this.

https://stream.twitch.tv/encoding/

It can be challenging to get good quality at this framesize and framerate, especially if you're using a one PC setup and gaming on the machine you're streaming from.

If you're only getting 60fps while NOT streaming, you're probably not going to be able to get that while streaming, unless you were capping your FPS.

Which you should also probably do or you'll get rendering lag, even on a 1080.

Synistervs

https://hastebin.com/lezilugiqe

Here is the new one. I cap my framerate at 165 fps because of my monitors 165 hz refresh rate. I always hover around there when not streaming. When I meant 60 fps, I meant 60 fps on the stream when not in game tab. The game never lags, only the stream

Svenskunganka

Sounds like a typical issue of the encoder not being able to keep encoding frames while running the game, which is usually due to saturated CPU usage. Encoding a 1080p60fps stream is extremely taxing on the CPU, even for newer processors. Bring up your Task Manager, go to the Performance tab and keep it open while you play & stream, check CPU usage. Change graph to logical processors. Also, get HWMonitor and watch your temperatures, make sure the CPU doesn't hit thermal limit and underclocks itself.

I also noticed in your log that you have Windows 10 DVR & Game Bar enabled, which you should disable as it records your games in the background. A how-to guide here.

Lastly, you should bump up the bitrate to 6000, since your network can handle it and there's no point in having 3500 bitrate for a 1080p60fps stream - might as well just drop it down to 720p60fps and you'll get better quality at those bitrates. Streaming 1080p60fps at 3500 bitrate will look smudged in many games with fast camera movement (like first person shooters).

Synistervs

I have a kraken x52, so thermals shouldnt be an issue. Does CAM software work for temps? The CPU usage ranges from 18 to 26 percent, and the clock speed spends half of its time at 3.6 ghz and half at 2.6

Svenskunganka

Your logs doesn't include any information about when the encoder starts, only basic profiling and startup info. Proper logs should tell if the encoder can keep up or not.

Basement_chris

Hey I thought I would take a shot as I was having the same problem some monitors will have G-sync and what not turn that off
hope this works for other people as well!