No framedrops but the stream isn't smooth

udavka

Hello everyone. I'm sorry if this issue was already solved here, I tried my best but didn't find a solution, so I decided to ask for help myself.

I'm streaming games on twitch and often the stream looks a bit laggy/choppy as if the framerate drops, but the OBS shows zero dropped frames and the game is running flawlessly for me. I have an RTX 3070, a Ryzen 7 5700x and 16gb of ram.

I attached the log and here's a part from my VOD that showcases the issue: https://youtu.be/tWZ18C7W-CE

During the first seconds of the footage everything looks smooth, then at the 0:07 mark the framerate drops a little. Then it becomes ok again but right as Ryu won the round at 0:22 mark the game started looking like the fps went from 60 to 30-ish. Even the sound lagged a little at the moment of Ryu winning the round but it usually doesn't. For me the game was still running flawlessly at 60fps without any drops or lags whatsoever. Also OBS showed 0 dropped frames after that (I attached a screenshot just in case).

I run OBS as administrator and the priority is set to high. Street Fighter isn't a very demanding game, and the framerate is locked to 60 so the system should have plenty of "room" for OBS.

It happens not only with Street Fighter 6, sometimes in Mortal Kombat 1 or Cyberpunk 2077 as well. The game on stream doesn't look as smooth, as if the framepacing is not consistent or I don't know. I could understand Cyberpunk not being that smooth as it goes above 60fps and maybe that's a problem for OBS, but both MK1 and SF6 are locked to 60fps so I don't see why they would look choppy on my stream :(

I tried adjusting the settings but it doesn't seem to have any impact at all, I'm kind of desperate rn so that's why I'm making this thread.

I apologize if I did something wrong or if my problem is obvious, also sorry for my English. If I need to provide more info please let me know, thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 2023-12-11 16-42-20.txt
    187.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Снимок экрана 2023-12-12 004903.png
    Снимок экрана 2023-12-12 004903.png
    130.7 KB · Views: 15