Question / Help No audio in projector mode

DonnyC

I am using the latest version of OBS Studio. When I right click on the output screen in studio mode, I select an HDMI monitor for the output. The video shows just fine, but there is no audio. Am I missing a setting some where?
BTW, when I connect my camera (HDMI output) to the monitor, the raw video plus audio works good. The only change is that I move the HDMI cable from the camera and plug it into the video card (nVidia geforce GT730 with 40gb memory bandwidth ).

carlmmii

The projector feature in OBS is only to give you a preview window on either an entire screen, or in a window. Audio is all handled on the windows side of things.

If you want desktop audio output to your monitor, you need to go to your windows sound settings. Right click on the speaker in the taskbar, click on sounds, then go to the "Playback" tab. Select your monitor, then click "Set Default".

DonnyC

Thanks for the response. It worked exactly as you say. However, I can only have one device. Is there a way to have two devices? I need to have audio go to the computer speakers and to the other monitor.

carlmmii

You'll need to use another program that allows you to split the audio to two separate outputs. VoiceMeeter Banana is one of the more popular options to do this.