No AMD (Hardware) option at all?

lavela

I tried everything I could before coming here, including a plug in that supposedly would help me, by showing the AMD (Hardaware) option for encoding the video. The plug in didn't work, as when I selected the new encoding alternative, OBS Studio crashed every time I tried to start streaming. Reinstalled the AMD drivers, checked Windows 10 for any updates I should have missed, uninstalled and re installed OBS Studio and ran it as Administrator. Still no AMD option at all. Only the x264 (software) that doesn't help me at all.

I don't know what is going on, because I just completed a test using Streamlabs OBS. AMD encoding options shows there, I can use it, it effectively sends the video to encode to my GPU and the stream was smooth and great.

Could you please check what's going on? I prefer OBS Studio, but if it doesn't let me use my GPU to encode, then I have no choice at all.

Thanks for your patience, your attention and your help

lavela

Quick update, really annoying. Yesterday I installed an Nvidia GT 710D5-2GL, in the hope that OBS Studio would detect it and let me try to encode using the GPU and stop using the useless (for me) x264 software option. To my dismay, no recognition at all. Same x264 only option. I decided to open the SLOBOS and see it, as that one recognized my intergrated AMD Radeon R7 graphics, and let me use it, and the stream test was flawless. Susprise, the SLOBOS is recognizing my new graphics card automatically too. I'm attaching screenshot of both settings so you can see it for yourself.

So, what can I do to use OBS? Believe me, I'd prefer to use it, but it not recognizing either my AMD integrated graphics nor now the Nvidia added card is stopping me completely. Any real solutions, other than standard "client support" kind, reinstall and reset? Alreay did that before coming here, thanks.
pantallas OBS.jpg

lavela

You didn't provide the log that was requested. We didn't ask for a crash report.
Here you have, the latest log. The logs prior to me uninstalling and reinstalling the program are lost, obviously. I uploaded the crash log because I thought my problem was only with the program crashing after I installed the plugin for AMD encoding to show, and then the program crashing every time I tried to start streaming. Now the problem, I think, should be easier. OBS is not recognizing my Nvidia, the same that it didn't recognize my AMD Radeon. All the Nvidia drivers and windows drivers are updated, and OBS was installed after that, so it could read waht it needed to recognize the graphics card. It didn't. What is frustrating me is that SLOBOS recognized and used my AMD Radeon first, and now it does recognize and uses perfectly the Nvidia, without having to do anything on my part at all.

Harold

14:42:42.508: Available Video Adapters:
14:42:42.515: Loading up D3D11 on adapter Microsoft Basic Render Driver (0)
14:42:42.520: D3D11 loaded successfully, feature level used: b000
Something in your setup is actually outright breaking OBS' ability to talk to your video card(s) at all.

lavela

Something in your setup is actually outright breaking OBS' ability to talk to your video card(s) at all.
Ok. So the log seems to confirm what I explained. Fine. OBS Studio is unable to talk with my AMD before and my Nvidia now. SLOBOS at the same machine talked with both automatically, so there should be a simple solution for the father to behave better than the son, right?
Don't know if SLOBOS has logs that I could pull for you, so you could compare what they are doing and my OBS is not?

PS.- I just found the SLOBOS logs. Would it be good for you if I try to upload one of them, so you could spot the differences?

Last edited:

lavela

14:42:44.369: [obs-browser]: Blacklisted device detected, disabling browser source hardware acceleration.

looks like he find the 710 but its an blacklistet device in OBS_Studio Problem on the old cards they are EOL

look here
CUDA 11 is not supportet this card anymore you can drive it like slobs but the problem is its comes to errors so its blacklisted in OBS Studio

and here we have a solution but witout waranty and no support
Thanks a lot, cyclemat. I just read Salasar's posts, and as far as I understood he found a solution, but it is not really clear which is it or how to use it for me. I already asked him if he could please guide me so I can try it. It seems that the mere ffmpeg dll edition didn't work as he expected, but he seems to say he fully installed a v26 version of OBS that he compiled? I got lost there. Did you get exactly what the solution was? Thanks, really thanks for your time and your help. I really DO want to use OBS for my video podcast streams, and not have to settle with SLOBS just because of this.