New Update Ruined OBS - GPU + GPU Encoder Overloaded.

Gadsd3n

InB4 everyone says YoU'rE dOiNg SoMeThInG wRonG gO lOoK aT thE EnCodEr OvErLoaD PInNeD PoST

I did already. I went through everything the post said to do AND fixed all critical issues the analyzer said to fix via the logs.

and InB4 someone says "check your hardware" my computer falls in the 89th percentile IN THE WORLD for hardware and performance per PassMark's Performance Test. (But if you must know; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core Processor.. ASUS ROG Strix B550-E Motherboard.. Nvidia 3070 RTX FE GPU.. SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2 2280 2TB SSD.. Corsair RMx 850 W 80+ Gold ATX Power Supply.. G.Skill Trident Z RGB 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory.)

Here's some back ground.

Before this new OBS update came out, I was able to run all of the following programs: live streaming on OBS Studio - which could capture display and game capture at the same time without issue, multiple tabs chrome, discord, one (or even two) video games, plus whatever other background processes were on.
**The only program that would be the straw-that-broke-the-camel's-back would be if I turned on another video capture device to record in the background, such as Outplayed, or Geforce Overlay, etc.**

My OBS Settings were NVENC encoder, 1920x1080 output, 60fps, 6000 bitrate, audio bitrate 48k matched to Windows settings, P5: Slow (Good Quality) video preset, Full Resolution Multipass.

I could do this and my GPU was always running at between 1750 and 1850MHz at its core.

SUDDENLY - something I have NEVER even seen before - I get this "GPU Encoder Overloaded" error.

I have absolutely nerfed every aspect of my video output: 720p video output. 4k bitrate, fastest preset. single pass on the multipass mode. I have limited frames in videogames - something I have NEVER had to do before, disabled and enabled hardware accelerations as part of troubleshooting. nerfed in-game quality to the ground, and axed ALL possible software processes that arent streaming and the game itself.

I have ran stress tests that have brought my GPU to almost 2100Mhz and the result was that my hardware is otherwise entirely stable. I monitor through HWiNFO.

I even ran logs through the analyzer and fixed every possible issue I could before all that was left for it to say was "your GPU is overloaded." (You don't say?)

Nothing has worked. My clock speed spikes to 2080MHz+, and my streams get 1 frame every 5 seconds.

And the only thing that has changed is this new OBS Update.

I dont know what the devs did, but this is 10000% your fault. Fix it.

PaiSand

Please restart OBS and perform a test stream or recordign (if you only record) of at least 30 seconds doing as you normally do, including playing games, full camera or whatever you normally do.
Now look inside Help menu. Upload the current log file and paste the url to the log in here. Click on the Analize button to start troubleshooting common issues.

pleythru

Did you ever find a solution to this @Gadsd3n? I started getting the same error around the same time out of the blue and haven't been able to find a solution.