Question / Help new tv 4k, capture laggy with 60 fps

fpresiado

Hello, i bought a 4k tv and i didn't change settings except scaling my second monitor to match the main screen. when i record a video in 60 fps and 4k resolution. video has lots of lag. setting it at 30fps with the same resolution fixes the lag problem. when i scale down the output to 1920x1080 at 60fps it works just fine.... so im not sure what's going on.

https://obsproject.com/logs/JwRGERCFudkZK6f0

Narcogen

You're overloading your encoder.

22:40:27.765: Video stopped, number of skipped frames due to encoding lag: 272/345 (78.8%)

4k60, as it turns out, is a lot more work than 1080p60 or 4k30.

fpresiado

You're overloading your encoder.

22:40:27.765: Video stopped, number of skipped frames due to encoding lag: 272/345 (78.8%)

4k60, as it turns out, is a lot more work than 1080p60 or 4k30.
soooo, my graphic card cant handle it? i guess ill just leave it to the cpu.

fpresiado

strange. it says it supports 60fps 4k

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    744.2 KB · Views: 158

Narcogen

That means it can produce a 4k60 video signal. It does NOT have anything to do with the AMF encoder, and it certainly doesn't suggest that the same video card can simultaneously produce a 4k60 signal AND encode it into h.264 at an arbitrary bitrate at the same time.

AMD is absolutely the wrong choice for a single PC setup as use of the AMF hardware encoder consumes more GPU resources than a comparable Nvidia card using NVENC. You can absolutely use this video card to make a 4k60 signal, and then capture that on 4k60 capture hardware connected to a 2nd PC and use that to encode the signal.

I honestly dout that anyone, anywhere, with consumer grade equipment is streaming 4k60 content in a single PC, single GPU configuration.